The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

All Mitsu Cookout -- August 24th, 2014 -- White Bear Lake, MN

Curt

gif2014.gif

The 2014 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show is finally in the works. This is a once a year event for all Mitsu enthusiasts from around the region. This year we have a brand new location! We will be at White Bear Mitsubishi! The event runs from 11am to 4pm, on Sunday, August 24th, 2014.

This event is open to all Mitsubishi built vehicles. Don't miss such a unique event for Mitsu enthusiasts.

Complete details and links to pictures are at: click

The Facebook event page can be found at: click

See ya there,
Curt

minneSNOWta

Crossing my fingers again this year. Hopefully I will have the car running and presentable.

Curt

We have 45 cars officially signed up for the Cookout. See the sign up list at: click

To get officially signed up, surf over to: click

And don't forget to visit the Facebook event page at: click Invite all of your Mitsu buddies to the event page.

See ya soon,
Curt

Curt

We now have 60 cars officially signed up. The official list is at: click

To get signed up, surf over to: click

We also have a Facebook event set up, if you want even more info. That link is: click We have 193 people on that group.

Also, don't forget, White Bear Mitsubishi's parts department will be open from 11am to 1pm that day. Order your parts ahead of time and then pick them up at the show!

later,
Curt

Curt

I've updated the sign up list: click

We have 77 cars registered now. In less than two weeks, I'll be making the final decisions on the classes for the show. The 3/Ses and DSMs have really light sign up numbers. Get signed up if you want to see your Mitsu platform have its own class.

later,
Curt

Curt

We've had a lot of sign ups in the last week. We are now up to 92.

Next week I'll be finalizing categories. The 3/Ses and 4G Eclipses are looking pretty weak this year. Time to get you Mitsu buddies to sign up!

Also, because of the lack of sponsors, I'm going to be forced to charge at least $6 this year. I haven't finalized this price yet, but its looking very likely.

later,
Curt

Curt

I've been looking at the sign up numbers. We have 106 so far. Here are some of the numbers by category:

1g 3/S 7
2g 3/S 11
1g DSM 6
2g DSM 16
3G Eclipse 17
4G Eclipse 6
Conquest/Starion 8
Evo 1-9 12
EVO X and Ralliart 12

I think we'll keep all of these categories, plus the "other", category this year. But with the low numbers for 1g 3/S, 1g DSM and 4G Eclipse, we'll just give a 1st place trophy for those three categories. Nine years ago, we could easily get 40-50 3/Ses and 40-50 DSMs at the Cookout. Times have changed!

later,
Curt

Curt

Here are the finalized categories for the car show:

90-94 DSM
95-99 DSM
00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
06-12 Eclipse
91-93 3/S
94-99 3/S
Evo I to IX
Evo X and 09+ Ralliarts
Starion/Conquest
Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

They are the same categories as last year. But this year the 90-94 DSM, 91-93 3/S and the 06-12 Eclipse categories will just have a first place trophy. Of course the Cleanest Car Overall just has first. The other categories will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies. Also there is a Long Distance trophy. We will not be doing slow drags this year do to the tight space.

Curt

Only 4 more days until the Cookout. We are up to 134 signups: click

It is not too late to get signed up and come join us for an afternoon of Mitsu fun. The All Mitsu Cookout is coming up this Sunday, the 24th. We have some great prizes donated by Advance Auto Parts and Corporate Mitsubishi. We also will have plenty of food, and some fun stuff like the Mitsu trivia contest.

Here are some reminders:

1) Sign-up online. The page is at:
click

2) Fill out your car sign ahead of time. It saves a lot of time in the registration line. Download the sign at:
click

And my example sign can be found here:
click

3) Bring some lawn chairs for hanging out and bring your appetite! We'll have plenty of food.

Also, if you are just coming to spectate, spectator cars (non Mitsus) will have parking on the frontage road in front of White Bear Mitsubishi.

Its only $6 for you and your car to be in the show and eat. Why not make the trip out to White Bear Mitsubishi!

Parking will be kind of tight at White Bear Mitsu. Here is a rough map of how we are going to park the cars: click Based on sign up numbers, I'm sure some of these sections will need to expand. We will have a couple of people in the lot to help you park. Please park decent so we can maximize our space.

See ya soon,
Curt

Curt

Thank you to White Bear Mitsubishi for hosting the 2014 All Mitsu Cookout. And a big thanks to all my volunteers who had to do even more work this year with the new location. I have the Cookout page with trophies winners and pics. The page is at: click

later,
Curt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts