The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

All Mitsu Cookout -- August 23rd, 2015 -- Ramsey, MN

Curt

Plans are underway for the 2015 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. The All Mitsu Cookout is a once a year show for all Mitsu built vehicles. There is no car show like this anywhere and no bigger Mitsu event in the Upper Midwest!

This year's event is happening on Sunday, August 23rd from 11am to 4pm. We have a brand new location. It will be at Ramsey Central Park, in Ramsey, MN. This park offers a large paved parking lot and a really nice pavilion right next to the parking lot. There is also a fair number of trees around the lot for some shade. There are bathrooms attached to the pavilion also. It will be a great spot!

The official sign up for the Cookout and other details can be found at: click

We also have a Facebook event to get info from. It is at: click

Come enjoy the day with your fellow Mitsu nuts!

-Curt

Curt

We've had some great responses so far for the All Mitsu Cookout. Don't forget to get officially signed up by filling out this form: click

When it comes time to finalize the car show categories, I will be using the official sign up list. To see who is signed up, go to: click Also, keep in mind, I don't refresh this list every day. I only do it a couple of times a week.

later,
Curt

Curt

I've updated the sign up list. Only 29 have officially signed up: click

If you know you are coming, show your support for the All Mitsu Cookout and get signed up at: click

Also, you can help advertise the All Mitsu Cookout by handing out flyers when you are at car events this summer. I have word doc at: click Print some out and keep them in your car.

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

Looks like we have 35 cars signed up now. If you know you are coming, what are you waiting for?

I also created a pdf version of the Cookout flyer. Might be easier for some of you to print or share this: click

later,
Curt

Curt

I've updated the sign up list. We have 55 people signed up: click

If your Mitsu buddies aren't signed up, start bugging them about it. The sign up page is at: click

-Curt

Curt

Looks like we have 59 people signed up as of today. If you know you are coming, what are you waiting for??

White Bear Mitsubishi is a main sponsor again this year. A big thanks to them for their continued support! I would love to have more sponsors. If you run a company and would like to support the All Mitsu Cookout, send me a message at [email protected] I'll let you know the details of sponsoring and what it gives you.

If we can secure at least one more main sponsor, I think I can keep the cost of the All Mitsu Cookout down to $5 a person.

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

We've had a bunch of sign ups the last two days. We are at 69 now.

Here are a couple of videos from past All Mitsu Cookouts:

2014: click
2010: click

MellowVR4

I didn't see any gvr4's in the 2014 video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Quoting Curt:
We've had a bunch of sign ups the last two days. We are at 69 now.

Here are a couple of videos from past All Mitsu Cookouts:

2014: click
2010: click

minneSNOWta

I always say I want to come and have never had the car ready. I'm thinking this is the year. Look out!

Curt

Awesome! We need some more GVR4s there. We use to have a Galant class, but its been tough getting enough of them there the last few years. Here is a pic from the Galant class in 2010: click

later,
Curt

minneSNOWta

When is the deadline for signing up?

Curt

There isn't a deadline. I ask people to officially sign up once you know you are going. You can also just do all your registration at the show too. It just helps with planning if you sign up ahead of time. It makes my life easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Curt

I've updated the sign up page again. We are at 97 sign ups now.

Don't wait to get officially signed up. If you know you are coming, get signed up at: click

In the next couple of weeks I'll be finalizing the categories. If you don't sign up, you may find your car is in the "Other Mitsu" class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, several years ago Gearbox Magazine interviewed me about the Cookout. Its a good read at: click Its especially a good read if you want to cyber stalk me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

later,
Curt

Curt

We had a lot of sign ups over the weekend. At 104 now: click

Keep bugging your Mitsu friends!

Curt

Looks like the sign ups are at 106 now. I updated the page. I also did some analysis of the sign ups. Here is the breakdown:

1g DSM.........5
2g DSM........11
1g 3/S.........4
2g 3/S........10
3g Eclipse....10
4g Eclipse.....7
StarQuest......5
EVO 1-9.......16
EVO 10........17
Ralliart.......7
Others........14

I will be making decisions on the classes for the show next week. For groups with 7+ cars, we will have a category for you. If you have 10+ cars, we'll have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies. Those with 7-9 might just have 1st place. If you have less than 7 cars, you may get lumped in with another group. So if you want to see your platform with its own class, help me get some more of them signed up!

If you haven't signed up yet, the sign up page is at: click

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

We've got 116 signed up now. Here is the current list: click

This is how it looks by category:

1g DSM......6
2g DSM......11
1g 3/S.......6
2g 3/S......11
3g Eclipse..10
4G Eclipse..7
StarQuest...5
Evo 1-9.....17
EXO X.......20
Ralliart......8
Others......15

The 1G DSM, 1G 3/S and Starquest groups are in jeopardy of not having their own classes. I'd really like to see a few more for these groups. If you know you are coming to the Cookout, get signed up now. I'll be finalizing the show classes this week! Sign up page is at: click

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

We are up to 120 cars signed up!

Here are the finalized categories for the car show:

90-94 DSM
95-99 DSM
00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
06-12 Eclipse
91-93 3/S
94-99 3/S
Evo I to IX
Evo X
09+ Ralliarts
Starion/Conquest
Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

This year the 90-94 DSM, 91-93 3/S, 06-12 Eclipse and Starion/Conquest categories will just have a first place trophy. The Cleanest Car Overall is also just a first place trophy. The other categories will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies. Also, there is a Long Distance trophy and a trophy for the Slow Drags. I hope to have the trophies done by the end of next week.

later,
Curt

Curt

Only 2 weeks left! We are up to 130 sign ups. Here is the list: click

If you haven't signed up, what are you waiting for?? The sign up form is at: click

With the additional sales of t-shirts, and the sponsorship provided by White Bear Mitsubishi, we will be able to keep the price of the All Mitsu Cookout at $5. This includes you and your car in the show and all the food and drink. Each additional person who wants to eat is also $5

If you didn't pre-order a t-shirt and are still interested in one, I do have some extras. They will be sold for $20 a piece and will be a first come, first serve basis, on the day of the show.

Thanks,
Curt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts