The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alarm installers, Dome light question,

Brunoboy

I have never wired up my dome light because I dont know which wire it is and where its located, does anyone have their dome lights hooked up to their aftermarket alarms? if so, where is this wire or how do I get the dome to come on?
-Shane

alansupra94

My dome light doesn't even work right all the time. I think my door sensors are fucked up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Brunoboy

you tapped it into the door trigger? which wire is that and where is it located?
-Shane

Brunoboy

also what did you hook the trunk trigger to?

jepherz

Staff member
You'd have to hook the trunk trigger to a solenoid since our cars are manual trunk releases. The door switches get corroded and need a cleaning once in a while. I never had my dome light working with the alarm, but I did use one of the dome light wires to tell when the door got opened (to trigger the alarm).

Brunoboy

im not trying to pop the trunk lol, i just want it to know when its opened, can i wire it to the trunk light? I mean when it turns on it means its opened so can i wire the alarm to one of those wires? also which and where is the dome light wire you used?

jepherz

Staff member
You didn't specify what the trunk wire was doing. What does your alarm say it's looking for? Most likely you'd tie the door (dome) light and the trunk light together using diodes so either will trigger the alarm. You could put the hood switch on that same circuit too.

Brunoboy

alarm is looking for a negative trunk trigger, My hood pin switch is already installed for the hood, and the dome i read is a relay to the door trigger. so what to do about the trunk?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts