The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alarm and now no Fuel

gijoe985

SO, I've searched for info, but I haven't seen the exact fix yet. My alarm went off the other day and now I have no fuel. I've locked and unlocked the car a few times. Tried from trunk and both doors. The alarm shut off right away, but it will not start. I also disconnected the battery for half an hour and still no fuel. Turns over quickly, I have full charge. Any help???

mitsuturbo

Seems like the alarm and fuel pump would be unrelated but coincidental issues. I suggest checking your MPI relay under the glove compartment first. Then go after the fuel pump terminal under the hood and see if supplying power to that will get fuel to circulate.

gijoe985

Oh, I thought I had heard it was a security feature. If the alarm goes off it would disable the engine.... Otherwise I can just do a regular fuel diagnostics routine.

Racah15

Yes it disables the engine (it should) by not allowing the starter to start the engine (bypass the starter relay or something not sure 100%), not by disabling the fuel pump. That is what I remember reading. Not 100% sure on this, but I would be sure on the fact that it won't disable the fuel pump, as that is a bad method of disabling the engine (if it was the only method).

mitsuturbo

IIRC the factory alarm does not do disable ignition. I believe it just keeps the horn and lights going, but you can still start the vehicle.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. It's been a few years since i've used the factory alarm on one of these cars.

Racah15

Just checked an owners manual. It disables the starter circuit. BUT I have been able to start my car (when I had a 1g) with the alarm going off. I do believe I read something along the lines (off a site, not in the manual) that you will still be able to start the car with the key, but not without it (aka hotwire). Doesn't make sense.

I don't know.
I guess it's supposed to disable the stater circuit. but Maybe it doesn't. Either way, your fuel issue is completely 100% unrelated.

theevozero

I wanna say I've started my car with the alarm going off also.

gijoe985

Agreed.

The alarm went off while some students were installing a cruise control unit. They might have bumped something while under the dash...

gijoe985

FYI, no power to pump. Pump starts when hotwired, but still no start. Presumably no injector pulse. My noid lights are at home, so I can't check. MPI tested ok. Doing harness tests now. Any other ideas while I'm hunting???

gijoe985

I just got my ECM rebuilt by ECMtuning. But it is looking like it may be the problem. Though I've always heard good things about their work. Likely?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned