The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aftermarket Support

Gilga5

It has been quite difficult to find lowering springs or coilovers for fwd galants. I know Malaysia and Philippines have tremendous support but how about U.S?

I know Vr4 has. But anyone know of any sites to find parts?

Bstiles

There aren't any options really unless you go full coilover or piece together something custom, sadly.

Google dssa, jnztuning, stmtuned. You'll find the coilovers there

Gilga5

There aren't any options really unless you go full coilover or piece together something custom, sadly.

Google dssa, jnztuning, stmtuned. You'll find the coilovers there
I greatly appreciate your response and info! I'm still fairly new to the mitsubishi game since my 90 galant was passed on to me. Are they consider 1g or 2g?

Imback

Feal,D2.BC and k sport all make coilovers for our car. Springs have been discounted last time i looked.

moduleunknown

Wonder if the Muellerized Ohlins, adapted from the Evo to work for the 1g DSM will work on the GVR4 - don't see why not:

I'd call them, as I doubt that pricing is still accurate.
Short answer, yes.

I have Ohlins Road & Track coilovers for a CT9A installed on my E39A.

To make them bolt in, I used the following items: SCE adapter kit for the rear lower mounts, E39A camber plates from BC for front upper mounts (replacing the CT9A plates), and some slightly longer camber adjustment bolts (sourced from McMaster-Carr) as the BC plate is a couple mm thicker.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts