The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

After seven years, the 5zigens have been replaced...

turbowop

...by BBS LM's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

I took the weekend to do a 5-lug swap. I used FWD knuckes to lessen bump steer since my car is lowered and I retained ABS, but I haven't installed the new ABS computer yet. I just wanted to get the wheels on and the car back on the ground for now. Tires are Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs.

woot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR47111K

Wouldn't be surprised to see a WTB: ad on here for "1051's 5zigens".

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

They're going on 503. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

spooling92vr4

I always loves those wheels
..very hard to find around these parts... looking good

GSX_TC

Daytime pics should be a huge difference.

turbowop

Wheel specs are: 17x8 +40

I tried to find +35's but since most of these sell in staggered sets, I had to settle for these. I picked them up from a Yahoo Japan auction through the help of my little sis who's over there teaching English. Bonus points for them being the all gold limited edition F1 series LM's. They're in decent shape with a few nicks here and there, and they cleaned up really well. I may get them refinished later on down the road.

I am using 5mm H&R spacers to bring them out to the same stance as the old wheels, although they clear the brakes just fine without them. I think an ultimate set would be +45 and reverse mounted faces on the backside of the barrel flange. That would make for a lot of lip and still clear the front calipers while bringing the wheel out enough to fill the wheel arch since reverse mounting subtracts like 12mm from the positive offset.

cheekychimp

I normally hate any "mesh" looking type wheels on anything other than an early model Aston Martin but damn! ... those just work!

Edit: I know those aren't mesh wheels, I'm not sure how to describe what I'm getting at, I just usually either go for 5 or 6 spoke wheels or "solid" faced wheels like the AMGs on my current car or the Golf GTi type wheels on my old 8G. It just goes to show how sometimes it pays not to be too set in your ways or blinkered. I'd never have thought of buying wheels like this and yet they just look badass in that colour!

Last edited:

grocery_getter

Looks too busy for my taste. I've seen many BBS LM up close and on a German car it looks right, on the GVR4 it just looks too busy. I wonder if they wouldn't look better with the AMG smooth lower door trim panel. The way it is now looks ALMOST as if you mounted a set of the laser mesh wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Take a good side picture of the car Mark and have someone photoshop a set of smooth door trim panel. I bet it looks 10000% better.

turbowop

Why you gotta rain on my parade, Andre? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I actually agree a tiny bit, so some changes to the car may be in order. I think I'm gonna go with black trim in the side/bumper moldings instead of chrome, and I'm thinking about sourcing a new JDM front bumper and keeping the slats intact. I might also lose the lip on the front as I'm not sure I like the look of it with the new wheels. As always, it's a work in progress. I just wanted a change. Too many other GVR4's rolling around on 5zigens, yanno?

jmorri15

imo if you painted the trim to match the wheels it wouldnt look nearly as busy and you wouldnt loose the stripe around the car.

turbowop

I think a gold strip would be a bit too much. I think black will tie in the black diamond star on the Eterna grill and black slats if I go with an uncut JDM bumper. We'll see though, I have some ideas bouncing around in my head.

kama1

Looks great from here.
Plus 1 on the black trim.
I do remember an amg with those rims,ill see if i can find it.

turbowop

I've got pics of the black AMG car with LM's on my computer from years ago, if it's the one I think you're talking about. I've also seen Jordan's car with LM's and his AMG parts. Although I think smooth sides look better, I think it's their lack of the chrome stip that makes makes them look better with these wheels. I wouldn't do only smooth sides anyway, I'd have to do the whole AMG package if I went down that road. I aint gonna do that...too much money.

Bazeng has the same wheels with normal side moldings, but his have had the strip completely filled in.

I think that's all the Galants I know of with LM's.

kama1

I think were talking about the same car.cant find the pic.
Go with the black trim!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts