The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aeromotive afpr question

92GVR4num65

Crazy thing here. I bought a used Aeromotive afpr off here and ive got it installed on the oem rail however for some reason the gauge wont work on the unit itself. Here is the troubleshooting I have done.

Took gauge off and swapped it with known working one off diegos 1309...my gauge worked on his car, his (known working) did not work on mine.
Switched ports on the afpr for shiggles...nope
Took it apart to check diaphragm and it looks good with no obvious imperfections. Also used teflon tape on the adjustment screw since i read online this is a common place for leaks.
Afpr dgaf if its hooked up to vac or not...gauge aint movin.
Unscrewed gauge with car running and almost no fuel came out.
Did i mention car runs....so its getting fuel.
Did i also mention car runs full boost (16 psi) to redline so its getting "enough" fuel.
Just kinda confusing to me that and i can set it since i have no idea what its set at.

Anything ive missed other than buying and doing a rebuild on this thing?
Thanks in advance!!

manikbastrd

I would check for some kind of crap that got into it from the fuel system. Sounds like the port where your gauge goes is plugged or something...
GL! If you want to buy a known working A-1000, I could sell you mine and I can get a black one instead!

92GVR4num65

When I had it apart I could see through the guage port so I know thats not clogged. I also blew through it for good measure.

cupajoe

Sub'd. I'm having this exact issue and still haven't figured it out. Keep me informed of the solution and I'll do the same when I figure it out.

manikbastrd

Quoting 92GVR4num65:
When I had it apart I could see through the guage port so I know thats not clogged. I also blew through it for good measure.

Well, there aren't too many options really. If you tried your gauge on another AFPR, and it worked, you know it isn't the gauge, and if you tried a working gauge on your afpr and it didn't work, you know it is the AFPR. The only thing left to settle is where there is a leak/blockage. I am of course assuming you have SOME fuel pressure since the car is running...Sounds like you need to pull it apart and have a really thorough inspection...probably buy the rebuild kit as well.

GL!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned