The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Advice on value and maintenance items for super low mile VR4

jnava

Staff member
So....Post some pics. I believe we all want to see this car.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting pot:</font><hr />
Also, there is a fellow galant member: boostedinaz or something very similar to that name that has experience with another high end galant and may be able to meet you personally and offer some quality candid advice. I believe he also resides in AZ. He has been assisting with “number 3” that sold for $18k.

Now let’s see those pictures!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
3/1000 sold for $16,000 according to BoostedinAZ. It's in the for sale thread, last page post 4077.

fuel

I may have missed it, but what number is this car?

pot

Staff member
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Bravolawson:</font><hr />
Also, there is a fellow galant member: boostedinaz or something very similar to that name that has experience with another high end galant and may be able to meet you personally and offer some quality candid advice. I believe he also resides in AZ. He has been assisting with “number 3” that sold for $18k.

3/1000 sold for $16,000 according to BoostedinAZ. It's in the for sale thread, last page post 4077.

Right, but if memory serves me this car originally sold for 18k as per the original owner Harry.

jnava

Staff member
Mike, how much did you pay Harry for that car?

boostedinaz

#3 originally sold for 20k. When I sold it I listed it at 18k and it ended up selling for 16k. Both prices were for the car only and did not include transport, plane tickets, and time. To get #3 ready for sale I had a top notch company detail it, fixed any issues, and had good pictures taken. Expect to dump about 1k into the car just to get it ready for a good for sale add.

I think a well cared for low mileage stock example of a GVR4 could go for big money, however, I also don't feel that time is now. Depending on the overall condition I bet this car could go for 25k. It will take a long time to find that buyer but I bet there is someone out who wants this car.

As for maintenance, time is the enemy of anything rubber. Timing belts, hoses, rubber vacuum lines etc are all old even though they only have 4k on them. If you have questions feel free to ask. I'd love to help with this car as well.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Bravolawson:</font><hr />

Right, but if memory serves me this car originally sold for 18k as per the original owner Harry.

Hi Pot, I hope you are doing well.

For clarity's sake, I will corroborate what Michael BoostedinAZ said. I paid $19,995 for the car. I borrowed $13k and put up $7k cash and paid Intercity Lines $2200 cash to ship the car across the country with the metal hood (there was a carbon fiber hood installed). That's the short version that doesn't include the thousands of dollars I dumped into the car on top of purchase price and shipping so that I could drive it without it shitting the bed.

I over paid for the car looking back at it but life goes on. So I would not use it as a proper gauge for GVR4 values. It was more like a $12-14K car tops only because of the AMS and Forester Racing Heads engine, the Volk wheels, Tiens, and Whiteline sway bars. Other than that everything else on it was junk that I had to redo or fix.

AZChris, if your car was in fact stored in a climate controlled garage where the average temp was 71* then the car should only need a few things like others have mentioned, but it does get hot in Tucson. Maybe not Phoenix hot but still hot and I've done a mild restoration on a 1992 car from Tucson and most of the rubber and plastic items were toast.

Items that will need replacement; timing belt, tensioner and pulley's, all rubber vacuum lines, and the fluids changed. I would recommend doing a power steering fluid flush, and changing rear diff fluid, as well as trans fluid and oil. And last but not least, recharge the AC so it blows cold, summer will be here before we know it.

Good luck with the sale on your Galant.

Also wanted to say, change the radiator cap! I would not trust that old cap to hold a seal, I learned that one the hard way too.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I'll believe it when I see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

boostedinaz

I sent him a PM hoping he would get in touch and I could see the car. So far radio silence, in fairness he also hasn't seen the PM according to my profile page.

KGVR4

Any update? At this point, don’t think this ever existed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts