The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

advan art mags

Olson

I think the newer RC's are a bit more classy then the older styles you guys have up there.
Still balla rims

I had some of those mags in 15s about 5 years ago and never put them on. Mine were gold though. Came off an Evo 1. Heres my Galant with some semi related advan goodness.

advans003.jpg

Sidenote, those Galants in the pictures with the rear deflector visor thing that is all sun faded and purple just look weird with that thing on.

rah1482

Quoting chrisb33:
Quoting curtis:
Chris aren't those magnesium....I think they are...... not sure but dudes got a clean car for sure.

hi curtis,

yep i believe they are indeed magnesium's. very clean car indeed! but i told him it would be a bit nicer if he had painted the mags either white, or silver/grey.

chris b

I usually associate magnesium with being light in weight. That said, the Advan Art's are heavy and would lead me to conclude that they are not. Btw,they came in size 14's, 15's and 16's

The Ralliart Dymags on the other hand, are lighter. I also had a hard time painting them. Standard paint job (bare metal, primer, paint, clear) led to some bubbles (powdery substance when popped), which I believe was oxidation (?) I associate oxidation to magnesium, unless I'm wrong. Leads me to conclude that they are made of magnesium. Powder coating it was the solution and the paint stuck nicely.

Some 6G's were also fitted out with OZ Chrono's. They came in 15's to 17's.

Yeah, the Advan RC 1's are "cleaner" and "classier" in profile. The "teeth" or cooling fins are on the inner side of the rim.

Actually, all the above suit our Galant 6G's well, depending on personal taste. So, when in doubt, get all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSC03385.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

misterfixit

Yes the ralliart wheels are magnesium.

Rich

Quoting rah1482:
Quoting chrisb33:
Quoting curtis:
Chris aren't those magnesium....I think they are...... not sure but dudes got a clean car for sure.

hi curtis,

yep i believe they are indeed magnesium's. very clean car indeed! but i told him it would be a bit nicer if he had painted the mags either white, or silver/grey.

chris b

I usually associate magnesium with being light in weight. That said, the Advan Art's are heavy and would lead me to conclude that they are not. Btw,they came in size 14's, 15's and 16's

The Ralliart Dymags on the other hand, are lighter. I also had a hard time painting them. Standard paint job (bare metal, primer, paint, clear) led to some bubbles (powdery substance when popped), which I believe was oxidation (?) I associate oxidation to magnesium, unless I'm wrong. Leads me to conclude that they are made of magnesium. Powder coating it was the solution and the paint stuck nicely.

Some 6G's were also fitted out with OZ Chrono's. They came in 15's to 17's.

Yeah, the Advan RC 1's are "cleaner" and "classier" in profile. The "teeth" or cooling fins are on the inner side of the rim.

Actually, all the above suit our Galant 6G's well, depending on personal taste. So, when in doubt, get all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSC03385.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

G

Staff member
Nice are those 16"?

i have 16inch... Picture Later I post...

Sorry for the latest reply!

Yup they're 16's.

Contemplating if I should drop the car's stance or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (for a change)

Running the car with red flaps right now and the black, body trim lining removed and back to chrome..

RHDGvr4

WoW,so many proper Gvr4 wheels in one thread, love it. I could only imagine how many badass wheels and Rally competition parts were available back in say 1991.

Anybody have one extra 16in Ralliart (Dymag) magnesium wheel laying around?

G

Staff member
Quoting GalantGTi91:
Here's my share with the GTi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif A little bit late but I hope you guys appreciate it

Are these 16 x 7 +45?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts