The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

adding walbro and evo 560's with 16g

Gvr41415

you were right, i boost leak tested it and sure enough heard a loud hissing near my ear coming the turbo outlet to inter cooler pipe. now my car hits 15psi @5500-6000rpm.

matt92vr4

sounds like you are on the right track. It should hit 15psi before that though. Does it at least run smooth to redline?

Gvr41415

well i only drove it down the block with the hose duct taped (only temporary fix tilll i can find a new one) to see if it built boost from 1st to second. i noticed though with warm engine after accel in neutral the rpm would roll from 1000 to 1500. and i notice the gauge jumped from 15psi to 20psi right when i shift. dont know if thats normal with the diverter valve tho.

Jason G.

Edit: Thought you had a 2.5 exhaust. Looks like you may have boost creep from the 3" exhaust.

Last edited:

Gvr41415

its 2 1/2 to 3in at that elbow. i took it on the freeway for an exit just see if it was smooth all the way through and i felt power all the way through no hiccups. response is kinda slow though. how do you control or take advantage of the boost creep?

LIV4PSI

Port the internal wastegate flapper area, switch to an exteranl wastegate, or switch to a smaller exhaust. Option A is the most common, Option B is the most fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

gvr4ever

The Walbro 255 over-runs the stock FPR at idle. You will likely need a good unit or it will run rich till you get in to 2-3psi. Mine did anyway...

gvr4ever

I have this one. I'm happy with the way it works, but it becomes a PITA if you need to change your plug wires. Pretty much need to remove the fuel rail way too often with this thing, but it's cheap.

click

I don't know if it is a direct bolt on or if the base fuel pressure is correct, but the 2G stock fuel pressure regulator was good at taming a Walbro 190lph pump.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned