The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Active rear toe LImiter idea

prove_it

Are you talking about linking the arms together and having a faux rack?

SSGdave

Quote:
Are you talking about linking the arms together and having a faux rack?

Ahhh, Like and adjustable lateral rod of sorts. Like on a Solid Rear axle car!

hmmm... but I think it would still have to be two independent bars. Somthing like that would essentially be a second sway bar mounted further up.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I do like your thinking though!

Last edited:

prove_it

I did originally think of using two spherical ball joints with a threaded rod. But once I realized how short it would be versus the cost of 4 joints, 2 bars, and all the boots, I figured the cost would be around 100-150 for quality parts. Plus you still need a bracket fabbed up. That's when I started looking at sway bar links. I work as a tech and see different makes and models daily so I knew it was only a matter of time til I found a decent looking one.

kumfasa

Bringing this back from the dead. Did you ever go ahead with the nissan sway bar links?

Has anyone used the 3sx kit arms? Do they fit our gvr4's?

$195 for the Jay Racing eliminator plus complete control arm removal and welding, it goes in the too hard basket for me.

$119 for the 3sx kit seems do-able as long as it fits. I haven't been able to source the individual parts to make the arms for under $119

Nissan sway bar links at $50 a pair. Seems great if they fit without interference.

MORE necromancy.
I have installed the 3sx kit on my car and for the price, I think the custom plugs for the front rack alone make it worth it, relative to the price of the arms etc. It gets the job done in one fell swoop. Front rack doesn't leak.

belize1334

^^ so the 3SX kit is a bolt in option for GVR4? That seems too good to be true...

GSTwithPSI

Quoting belize1334:
^^ so the 3SX kit is a bolt in option for GVR4? That seems too good to be true...

Indeed, it is. My installed pics kinda suck since it was dark, but it definitely bolts up perfectly.

One thing to note is, you need a VR4 rear subframe with the 4WS provisions for this to work. If you swapped in a DSM rear subframe, then the holes the rear steering rack bolt to will not be there, which will leave you with no place to bolt on the inner part of the 3SX toe arm.

img.php

img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts