The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

act clutch problem

i have a act 2600 pressure plate/clutch t/o bearing, clutch fork installed with a new rebuilt engine. New master/slave cylinders. car runs fine when the engine is cold, warms up car dies when clutch is pressed while driving or just in idle. i'm idling at 900rpm. 16g, evo3 ex/o2 housing,starion intercooler.

SouthCaliVR4

Try setting your base idle & of course check for vacuum/boost leaks, as well as any unmetered air entering the system between the turbo & maf.

What do i set base idle for this clutch setup? also if i change it to stock one, will it solve the prob? love the way the clutch grab though.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting Eddsm:
i have a act 2600 pressure plate/clutch t/o bearing, clutch fork installed with a new rebuilt engine. New master/slave cylinders. car runs fine when the engine is cold, warms up car dies when clutch is pressed while driving or just in idle. i'm idling at 900rpm. 16g, evo3 ex/o2 housing,starion intercooler.

Could be crank walk as well so measure the play at the crank pully.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting Eddsm:
What do i set base idle for this clutch setup? also if i change it to stock one, will it solve the prob? love the way the clutch grab though.

Just suggesting your base idle is low & causing stalling issues. there would be nothing specific to any particular clutch. I don't have time at the moment or I would look up the link but check Vfaq for base idle set & give it a try.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned