The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Acronym Lexicon for this forum!

steve

Quote:
LSD = limited slip differential (if you want the other kind just ask gtluke)

Luke sells open diffs? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images//graemlins/tongue.gif

Quote:
Quote:
sst: special service tool (read HAMMER)

I thought that was a BFH?

SST is for a little persuading. A BFH is for getting your frustration out and/or moving solid rust.

eviLntt

OFF TOPIC:
Quote:
...and terry, as we learned in color school today, white is all colors, whereas black is the absence of color, therefore black is lighter, and faster. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

and for the new guys, the 'which color is faster debate' will go on for eternity....don't get involved... /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

Well, color is kinda tricky... when talking about light, white is all colors while black is no color. When talking about pigment, black is multiple colors combined, or is a high level of red, blue or green pigment. I knew art school would pay off someday.
RESUME THREAD:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

^ i was kinda hoping to squeak that by.....but you's right. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

slugsgomoo

almost all of this can be said with emoticons.

beer.gif
= drink(ing) a delicious frosty beer

blah2.gif
= TLDR = too long, didn't read = you are a boring f***

bowdown.gif
= good lord that is pimp as hell

cliffs.gif
= your post is incoherent, missing line breaks and you are probably a moron, summary?

goyou.gif
= self explanatory, like when someone posts pics of their mad colored wire sheathing

hay.gif
= typical greeting between gay-lant owners
hsugh.gif
= humorous sarcasm denotation emoticon. HSUGH > *

hsughthumb.gif
= similar to "go you!" except with the additional mocking of the "thumbs up"

love.gif
= omglubsj00

lur.gif
= self explanatory, if you don't get it, steve will ban you.

owned.gif
= this belongs on a lot of posts in the technical forums.
hsugh.gif

picsorban.gif
= the correct way to welcome n00bs, or point out the failings of established members who are talking about their car without pics.

rant2.gif
= AURHGGHGHGHEERGHGHGH

riaat.gif
= the appropriate response to gay modifications, i.e. power folding mirrors

tear.gif
= my car broke again, raped my wallet, killed my children, etc.

tumbleweed.gif
= that was so dumb, ain't no one going to respond

wtcs.gif
= you should be ashamed of yourself for posting that sh*t

and everyone's favorite....

bigugh.gif

H05TYL

Fyi, JDM vr4's were first made in 1987.
they were facelifted in sept/oct 89.

skivittlerjimb

[nohomo]content[/nohomo] = despite the fact I've complimented you in some way, my manhood is still intact as is my status as a heterosexual
Autox - autocross (drive through a sea of cones as fast as you can without knocking them over)
HPDE - high performance driving experience (drive real fast with others around a track but don't time yourself)
TT - time trial (see above but compete with others for a time) Cool new name for this is "Time Attack."
TSD - time speed distance (a form of rallying where you try to hit a target time while following a set of very specific directions through checkpoints on public roads)

-Jim B.
280/1000

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:

2g - 2nd Generation DSM (keep on reading or look down already!) Made from 1995-1999. They consist of The T/E. Talon production was ended in May of 1998. (Thanks Iceman) Versions 2ga and 2gb exist.

I think he meant "Model Year", not May.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned