The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AC line routing - AC Compressor Harness

bmxkid415

Its been a few years, But the AC is finding its way back into 623/1000 thanks to Tim Reed. I was wondering if those who still have the AC intact would happen to have any pictures of where what lines go where. I have searched around and found the general idea. My main concern is in the L/F in the receiver dryer area. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Cory

Last edited:

moduleunknown

Here are some crappy low light iPhone pics I just took.

There are two other lines not shown in those pics since they are currently off the car. One, from the AC unit on the firewall which runs to the compressor. The other, which runs from the compressor, up and over the driver side motor mount (next to the power steering line), and then to one of the hard lines to the condensor in that last pic.

bmxkid415

Fantastic! Just what I was looking for! Thank you for the pictures

Jason G.

FWIW, the AC system is the same in all Galants of this generation. If you had to, you could hit a junkyard and check one out in person.

DR1665

FWIW, moduelunknown has a splendiferous engine bay going on. :hifies

bmxkid415

Quoting Jason G.:
FWIW, the AC system is the same in all Galants of this generation. If you had to, you could hit a junkyard and check one out in person.

Thats the problem in the North East. These cars are hard to find in any junk yards. Anything older then late 90's is hard to come bye.

raptorWagon

Finding 6th gens in the junkyard while I was in VA was like finding buried treasure for platform specific parts.

bmxkid415

I hate to add another AC question in another thread, so I am going to add to this.

Does anyone have a picture of the compressor connector? Tim had to cut the one off the compressor and I just want to make sure I am looking in the right area before I dig into my wiring harness. Having a feeling that it has been cut on my cars end also.

From what I have been looking at on the Wiring Diagrams its a black/white wire? If its the same as a DSM, I can pop the hood on the TSI and just go from there.

Thanks again!
Cory

bmxkid415

After checked both the TSI and the NT Talons, I am confused with the Harness. I have a 1 wire (Black/White) coming off of it and also two solid black wires. I really wish I had all the connections on the car.

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction?

Thank you

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned