The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

abs light ?

4doorboost

so i did a 5 lug swap and removedmy abs and for over a year i had no abs light,now its on started at first coming on and off now its on all the time. i wanna just find the wire and put it to a switch so i can turn it off does anyone know which wire it is, i could remove the bulb but i dont want to take of my dash.

4doorboost

also i just noticed my knock sensor wire is not conected to anything.. the black wire that comes on the connection side not the side ith the sensor, is this just a ground or does it nedd to go back to the ecu?

Perkul8r

I'm not sure on the ABS light, but on the knock sensor wire, yes that needs to send a signal back to the ECU. Without it the ecu cant determine certain things.

4doorboost

so just pulled the bulb, super easy sorry for even asking. i have the signal wire going to the ecu but im talking about the black wire the red wire goes to the ecu but th black was floating, should i ground it?

4doorboost

so my knowck sensor is in the block and it has a connection, after the connection its two wires the signal and a black wire, im wondering where the black wire goes i assume its a ground

SouthCaliVR4

Well, I for one am flabbergasted, I coulda swore it was a single wire but.. At the knock sensor connector to harness it's a two wire connector. knock sensor side one black with white stripe one red. harness side one black with white stripe & one white. connected b/ws to b/ws & red to white. black with white stripe & white wires break out of the harness in the same location. hope that helps.

SouthCaliVR4

Took a little to find, looks like a ground, probably a rf shield wire as the ciruit should not require grounding.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned