The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

abs light is on how to fix

Chicago1

Well since I am driving #86 allot more I want to fix all the little things. I have the abs light on and not sure where to start on fixing this. The fuse on the battery terminal is good. The motor doesn't make any weird noise when the car is shut down. The 3 plugs all look good and there is no corrosion on the plugs. I don't have my logger with me so I don't know if that is something the logger would even show? I wont have my logger until next week. I tried doing a search but this place sucks to do any type of searching. Thanks in advanced

mitsuturbo

The MUT-3 scanner (dealer) can read the abs codes. Iirc there is a way to get flash codes as well. It's not easy to figure out even if you do have the codes half the time.

Most of us just delete abs. I kept mine until it malfunctioned. It's gone now.

Chicago1

I like to keep everything running on the car how it came from the factory so no delete for me. I will check with the dealer then. I was just curious with the logger to but dealer will be easier thanks man,,

marvinmadman

The only problem I had with the ABS system was dirty sensors and having sensor gaps that were too big. Cleaning and adjusting sensors took care of my problem.

ktmrider

^^ What I would suggest first mang.

BTW did the light come on before or after the flat tire incident?!?

Chicago1

Actually it came on after I pulled the motor out last year. I just been driving the vette so much the light never bothered me this whole time. Now that I'm driving #86 as a DD I want to get everything fixed. I assume I will see the sensors when I take the wheels off? I assume it will be one of the front ones because I pulled those off when pulling the motor/axles out and when I got the motor back running that's when the light was on.. Any pics available to what I am looking for and how much space?

Chicago1

Damn that's some dinosaur way of doing it but will it read via a logger or no? I dont have a analog meter and can get my logger by next week if I cant do it via logger then I'll just go old school I'm sure the dealer would charge for this. Thanks guys

ktmrider

Quoting Chicago1:
Actually it came on after I pulled the motor out last year. I just been driving the vette so much the light never bothered me this whole time. Now that I'm driving #86 as a DD I want to get everything fixed. I assume I will see the sensors when I take the wheels off? I assume it will be one of the front ones because I pulled those off when pulling the motor/axles out and when I got the motor back running that's when the light was on.. Any pics available to what I am looking for and how much space?

Probably pulled and/or damaged the sensor wire while the hubs were hanging. Here is the ABS delete thread, has great pics of what you will look for: click

I'd check the fronts first, even without the code(s) it doesn't take too much time. There should also be generic testing methods online in case the sensor itself is bad.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If you need any ABS parts, I have alot of the components as spares I have kept.

Chicago1

Thanks iceman I will keep you in mind. Well I had a rattle under the car that I needed to fix really quick I didn't see any issues with the connectors or anything but like I said it was just a quick look. I will know more this week.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts