The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ABS delete!

So I am trying to take the brake guards out from my vehicle because they are rusty and disfigured but it looks like you have to take them out without damaging anything I have yet to try and take the axle out but is that all that is holding it in place besides the original bolts that I have already taken out? I also would like to know how I will be able to properly delete abs without my system throwing codes, are there just some fuses for me to pull and all the lines and then I am abs free??

Well i had the the eng/trans out when i did mine, so sorry i couldnt help you out there. As fare as thoughing codes, once you take the abs motor out you shouldn't have any CELs on. This is just my experience. for all i know the last guy could have taken the light out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif . I hope i helped just a little.

BoostedAWD91

Just pull the ABS fuse in the box on power wire that's on the battery. You have to unbolt the wire connected to it to pull it out.you shouldn't get any codes, if so I'd just pull the bulb in the cluster

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned