The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

About to put my tranny etc.back on

OMFGeofffff

Its been way too long since I took it all apart and im decently confident I remember where all the bolts go. The only thing I might have a hard time with is transfer case bolts. Anyone have a diagram of which lengths go where? Also I remember noticing while taking my tranny bolts out there was one missing towards the front above the slave cylinder. Am I ok going to ace(would they have it) for a 8.8 grade bolt?

I took out the 4 bolts for the tranny mount through the fender. I remember there being a gap and if the bolts fell down is there a way to retrieve them? Unfortunately I don't remember if a couple fell to the ground or got caught in that little "gap"

Also there were a couple crossmember bolts missing on the front. I was feeling up over where they thread into and it feels like there isn't a nut there. I don't know if there's one built in or what. I wish I could explain better and take pictures but im about 45 min away from where my car is.

Also when im putting my fluid back in what size hose do I need to make it fit in the tranny and tcase without spilling everywhere.

If I can think of anything else that might become a huge speedbump I will post here.

Thanks,
Jeff

T-case bolts are obvious, when you go to do it, you won't be able to screw it up. The gap in the fender you talk about is where a flexible pick up magnet comes into play. The crossmembers shouldn't need separate nuts on the bolts, unless something is stripped out, the bolts thread right in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned