The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A proper build thread for 1501

prove_it

So it can't be hillbilly style then if it's in a house(that looks nice).

Looking good. Are you going to paint over the POR15 or leave it?

LIV4PSI

Yeah Shane, I don't have a heated garage so I said f*** it. GF thought I was crazy, but she isn't one to complain.

Prove it, I plan on leaving them as is. If I used it in the actual chassis or underbody I would paint over it. I think it looks decent, definitely better than rust lol Although my car will never see snow or rain again

LIV4PSI

Santa came again today. Starting to get real close to being down to just spinning wrenches

prove_it

Getting all the packages is my favorite part. Feel like a little kid getting new toys!

Are you not going with an oil cooler? I see the forward facing housing, so curious.

LIV4PSI

I decided to sell my external oil cooler setup. It will mainly get drag races. I might do max effort at the Shootout and some local auto-x. Basically I think it can handle one minute of 2nd gear driving without it. I'm trying to simplify things as much as possible

prove_it

Gotcha.

LIV4PSI

I went ahead and cleaned up and sealed my gas tank while I had the POR out. I did another sending unit, I plan on selling the one pictured. So jealous of all the PNW guys who don't have to deal with salt and rust

LIV4PSI

Finally got most of my rear suspension assembled

LIV4PSI

So no gorgeous top mount turbo setups, custom hand made parts from a CNC machine, or awesome rally car inspiration in this build thread. But I did buy some EVO IX SE front and rear seats. For me, its probably been my most exciting purchase

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Just get it done.

No less glory because you can't outspend the Jones's.

Those seats should keep you well planted.

LIV4PSI

I was joking, it's not a competition. But there are some thoroughly impressive build threads happening right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

LIV4PSI

Running a free setup that came with 774 when I parted it out. Precision T3 60-1, tubular 02 with a two bolt Tial, and a short V band down pipe. All I had to buy was a $100 Turbonetics cast manifold and the oil lines.

I'm just ready to enjoy the car for awhile. Hoping to make 400-450whp on E85 for now.

turbohf

oh man i want those seats... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

LIV4PSI

Im still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. But here is a close up pic I stole from Google for anyone who hasn't seen them in person

LIV4PSI

Thanks Dustin and Coyotes

BENE38A

Those are nice seats, haven't seen any FS down here. Whats the difference between the se and mr seats?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts