The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A proper build thread for 1501

LIV4PSI

So I'm now the proud owner of two uncut JDM bumpers with projector fog lights. I am having urges to keep both. I want to cut the first one, and leave this one alone. Only if I had more money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I should only lose $100 or so on the deal. I think the Evolution spec bumper was worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

img.php

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

It's a JDM Christmas in my dining room /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I also scored a JDM fuel door from throughfaith. And I only lost $35 selling the first bumper, and buying the RS/EVO spec one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

89Patches

Holy If the JDM shops here in Canada would sell bumpers to you guys down south they would make a killing!!! The last one I went to throws out all Galant parts because they can't sell them. I was told that whenever a shipment of galant bumpers come in I could take them for $300 for the pair!!!

I never really realized the price you guys pay for them.

LIV4PSI

I was surprised how expensive everything was, when I first joined the community. But after looking at these cars all the time, I deemed them absolutely necessary. Night and day difference

Front bumpers sell for $500 shipped, all day long. $400 for rear bumpers, although not as popular. $50-$60 for the fuel doors, $200 for the fogs. Get your hustle on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yep it's the way these cars were meant to look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LIV4PSI

Ordered a mustache bar and 1pc front crossmember from Bulfab. Also waiting on a Paulo CF trunk that I bought from JC. I wondered how many GVR4s have a custom CF hood and trunk?

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Ahh the mustache bar, one of the pieces I've yet to get. Glad my Bulfab fetish has rubber off on others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LIV4PSI

Yeah, drivetrain reliability is a major concern for me. The Bulfab bar should help keep the diff in place nicely. I almost purchased the aluminum subframe bushings, but I thought it would be too solid. So I'm going to stick with the BoostX subframe bushings.

I've also bought an AFCO radiator from CK, and a FIC fuel rail from Snailspool. My shopping list is almost done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GSX_TC

Man your gettin it Craig! What do you do again?

LIV4PSI

I serve tables 25 hours a week at a Texas Roadhouse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That is until I finish graduate school at OSU.

My car part money comes from selling car parts. I part out FD RX7s, TT 300zx's, Miatas, WRX and STi's, and of course DSMs and VR4s. I sell enough parts Paypal sends me a tax form /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

My rims and tires, CF hood, 4 bolt/5 lug swap, gauges, and some other goodies were all free due to this. It's the same way I "paid" for my 3076 turbo setup on my STi

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Dayummm, and here I am just simply working my ass off 19 hours a day the normal average Joe way barely making it lol. There's going to be some badass Galant VR4's at the shootout next year though. I'm going to spend a few thousand and repaint mine so it'll finally have a legit paint job. I'm going to work my ass off these next 250 days so I can really transform my car into a beast.

EHmotorsports

maybe get a wideband O2 and tune your car before paint?

LIV4PSI

I know without him posting that those are his intentions. It's too bad that you two are so far apart. EH, I bet you could make 550 purdy, and fast finally too

Mike, I wouldn't repaint your car until it's done with daily duties. Do what I do, drive a Subaru and race a Mitsubishi. Well, I plan on racing a Mitsubishi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Trust me, way more then a wideband and a tune are coming before paint lol.

And Craig, that's why I'm trying to get my 1g GST back on the road again so I can not put soo many miles on the VR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Project_91Vr4

Nice write up on your build so far can you please pm me links to the mustache bar for the rear diff and where did you get that driveshaft I likeeee the build seems to be coming along lovely 1316 is my daily driver Lol have a bottom end being built for her as we speak

LIV4PSI

The mustache bar came from Bulfab. His website is still being finished, but he has a Facebook you can contact him through. The DSS driveshaft came from JNZ Tuning, I get most of my parts from them. Awesome guys to deal with.

I really need to start putting 1501 back together. I wrecked my STi, so that put a major damper on funds and time.

LIV4PSI

So in the last 6 months, my girlfriend moved out, I wrecked my car with liability insurance, and my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The last event made the first two seem insignificant, but they affected my financial situation none the less. So the plans for 1501 have slowed down dramatically.

But I two complete powertrains, so I am going to toss it together with spare parts until I can install all of my goodies. At least it will be going to its 4th Shootout in a row, and it will at least have my JDM bumpers/ hood, and 92 grill painted and installed. Lots of updates coming over the next month

LIV4PSI

A bent EPROM prong made 1501 miss its first trip to the Shootout since I've owned it. But since then I've been on a shopping spree, funded by selling car parts and abusing my credit haha I'm still waiting for some things to show up in the mail, but here's a sample

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I just want to build a nice, somewhat unique GVR4. Shooting for 450-500whp on E85/98, and going to try to get as close as a 10 second pass as possible. My car will be fairly light for a GVR4. National Trail Raceway is only 15 minutes away, plus I race the FIS class at Import Faceoff. I also just bought some Hotbits coilovers, so I will try some auto-x with it and maybe an actual track day or two at Mid-Ohio

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts