The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C compressor seals

galantrevolution

I just got a new a/c compressor for my car, I just need to know what kind if seals do I need for the hoses, the only one the my car had it looks just like a regular O ring.

DR1665

Your best bet is to get them from the dealership. While you've got the system opened up, now is the ideal time to replace ALL your seals. Might set you back $20 at the dealer. They're not just regular o-rings if I recall. Replace them all so you don't risk a leak a year from now. Evacuating and recharging the system is not necessarily cheap.

paul j

I have been thinking I should rebuild my ac compressor since the engine is coming out. It seems almost impossible to remove it with the engine in the car. Is it? What all should be replaced in one and is there anyway to remove it without releasing the R12 into the atmosphere? How long should wear items last in the compressor?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Leave the system alone and only test it for pressures, when everything is back and operating properly, engine wise.

No use trying to rebuild the AC compressor. There is a reason no one does it over teh internets. If you are charged with R12, it is yet another big reason not to farb with it.

snailspool

You can remove a compressor from the drivers side, past the intake manifold. Remove the A/C lines from the unit first, and its tight, but i got one out of a running GVR4 yesterday.

Professionals should be able to evacuate it for you.

Finally, a service manual should help for the rebuild and let you know wearable parts, However, with the AC not being broken, i would also recommend against farting with it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts