The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C blower question?

bcjjones

Recently purchased a vr4 with the a/c not working. Lookin into fixing it. Blower motor wasn't working, no a/c belt and the compressor might be bad, drier was missing blah blah. I started off with the blower motor, got my power probe 2 and did some poking around. Traced it back to a little relay screwed into the side panel underneath the driver dash. The relay is getting power, but not sending power back to the dash a/c knob thus not turning the blower motor on. If i supply power to the pin going to the dash a/c knob I can then turn the blower motor on to every different speed setting, works fine. Tested the relay and it isn't bad, I even switched it with a new one to be sure.

One pin is a ground, one pin is power, one pin (the one if I supply power to engages the blower motor) goes the the a/c knob on the dash, and the other one isn't power nor ground and does nothing with supplied either.

Can anyone help? I can explain a little further if needed

Thanks in advance!

Sorry bcjjones , I have very little experience or knowledge of this relay .
but I have an all time retarded question...
Is there a A/C belt tensioner for this car, I haven't seen any pics of them and the belt is so small...??

bcjjones

Man, you got me excited thinking someone knew an answer. Lol

Yes there is an a/c belt tensioner. It's hard to recognize, but if you look straight down at the compressor from the top you'll see a 14mm bolt head facing straight down. That is the tensioner bolt.

theevozero

Are you getting signal to pin 4 of the blower relay? There is a 10 amp fuse that goes to the control side of the relay which is controlled by the ignition switch. Also, check and make sure you have ground at pin 5 of the blower switch, it is a ground controlled circuit.

theevozero

this will help

It sounds like you supplied power to pin 8 of the blower switch. With that being said, it sounds like that fuse is blown.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts