The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

93 Eagle Summit Wagon AWD project

GSX_TC

Haha yeah I bet, Jon aka Slanted J gave me a ride in his 4G63 powered SLR at the shootout last year and omfg it felt so fast and we were barely movin! Lol

Leon_R

What does SLR have to do with this thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I finally installed the Momo seat:

I kept the original sliders so it made heavy (about the same weight as the factory seat). But I am doing this for handling racing, as stock seat has ZERO lateral support!

LIV4PSI

Leon, someone posted about 400hp being a blast in such a light car. That is where the SLR came up, lightweight and 4G63 powered.

Seats look good!

Last edited:

Leon_R

It doesn't make sense, where does "light weight" comes from? It is a tall MINVAN, with the same wheel base as DSMs! They are 3100lbs stock (same as AWD 1Gs). With lots of work, I got my van to 2800lbs. Still not a featherweight, not even by the GVR4 standards.

GSX_TC

I like how similar the interior characteristics of it are to Galant VR4's.

Leon_R

I know it looks that was from this shot, but it looks closer to a Mirage/Colt/Summit dash in person. Overall, this van is a strange mixture of 1G and 2G DSMs. And to really mess with us, they changed motor/tranny mounting scheme from 1G style to 2G style (between 92 and 93 model years)!

Leon_R

Some more fun on an oval track in front of 10000 spectators!

click

Only this time I get hit...

92_talon_awd

Epic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Leon_R

This was my car:

Basically some light scratches on the rear bumper. My metal bumper saved the van! I am so glad I didn't take it out to save 40lbs!

This was his car:

Bumper cover, fender, light and hood.

But I am glad I wasn't this guy (from figure 8 race after us):

And he is glad it wasn't driver's side that was hit...

the_underdog

Leon, I know I've told you this before, but I absolutely love watching you race this beast! Thanks for getting it all on video, I can't imagine how fun and thrilling this kind of racing must be, especially with so many spectators cheering you on!

Olson

That is so cool dude. Racing that boss i was cheering for you sad to hear you lost power

Leon_R

Sure, just look back about 16 posts or on my YouTube chennel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Leon_R

Guys, I am not sure if you caught this on Saturday. Yahoo ran a quick story on my van:

click

And video went viral! Over 270k views (it was under 40k before this weekend). Now... I just have to do the same, but with 11 second run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting Leon_R:
Some more fun on an oval track in front of 10000 spectators!

click

Only this time I get hit...

I was on the edge of my seat like most of those spectators! Well done Leon.

Booh to the 'Maro.

Leon_R

I agree, Seekonk videos are much more exciting! But that isn't what Yahoo decided to share /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts