The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

'92 #51. Too good to be true?

MikeyTsi

Looks like this Craigslist ad just went up:

click

I'm really tempted, but "does not currently run", "parts car", etc kind of worry me that this is too good to be true. Does anyone know anything about the history of #51?

ktmrider

"A bit rusty underneath" and in MN is all you really should be seeing.

MikeyTsi

"Under body was pretty rusty, didn't jack up well, used ramps to work on it. Parts car for anyone that has one with a better body really. Or build up a dsm with the stronger engine and trans. Could be salvageable but I don't have the time or money for it. I don't have any pictures of the underbody, but could try and take some and send tomorrow if you want. Getting too dark now to do it tonight."

Yep,...... I'll see the photos tomorrow maybe, but looks like this is going to be a pass. Depending on what he gives tomorrow I'll probably suggest he post on here to see if someone wants to take it on.

badams

Don't listen to those guys talking about where its from and so forth..... non-sense. Give the pictures a look and make your own judgement or post here and there are plenty of people (not G) that can give you advice on how to fix it.

EMX5636

Good price for a complete KG car. I'd go look at it like others have said. If you are ok with a not "perfect" body, or willing to do a little resto, it could be the perfect starting point. Check behind the rockers/fenders and rear floor near the subframe and make the call yourself.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
With what is on that car (other than possible shipping charges) for the price, you can't go wrong with that car.

MikeyTsi

If the unibody is trashed it probably isn't worth it to me, unfortunately. I've already got a '95 TSI AWD and the wrecked '97 taking up space, I need something that's either a runner in good condition or something that will be easy/quick to get there.

It's nowhere close to where I live, so I need to get a good idea of what it looks like remotely before I'd try to make a deal.

I really wanted BluFalcon's car, but I don't have $10K to spare at the moment.

MikeyTsi

jeverts, if you wouldn't mind looking for m (and then snagging it if I pass on it), I'd really appreciate it. I live in Washington State, so I wouldn't want to make the trip over there unless/until I'm finalizing a deal.

MikeyTsi

"Well just to save you the drive it is pretty rusty. I always drove it onto ramps when I worked on it. Jack point are pretty much gone. Why I would just really rather sell it as a parts car to help keep someone else's alive. Someone is coming out tomorrow to come look at it already too. But if he passes I can let you know. Can take pictures of the under body too when I push it out of the garage."

turbohf

i would just keep an eye out and buy one that isnt rusted out and probably closer. they get posted up in the area on and off it seams.

good luck.

turbohf

you see this one? click (and a sameless plug...i have a turbo kit for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

MikeyTsi

I have. I'm pretty set on a KG (MAYBE a BG) one for the time being.

Also, what's up with people not posting pictures in Craigslist ads? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There's a BG over in Spokanistan that seems kind of interesting. I have family over there, so I could always hop one of the Horizon/Alaska props over to Spokane, spend the night with the family, then buy and drive the car back in the morning.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting badams:
Don't listen to those guys talking about where its from and so forth..... non-sense. Give the pictures a look and make your own judgement or post here and there are plenty of people (not G) that can give you advice on how to fix it.

Yeah nonsense indeed. And maybe we DO know Location can contribute a thing or two, when the OWNER of said vehicle from a Rust Belt state uses the term "A bit Rusty" then posts no pics of it well use your imagination.

Oh BTW I have familial roots in MN, including Gear Heads, and know what a rusty car means coming from a resident ( Swiss cheese ).

Man I've spent the last 4 months out of these areas due to smart-azz comments from newbs, thought I'd try ONE again. Some things never change, Adios Muchachos ( from my adopted non-rust belt area ).

ktmrider

^^ Thx mang, I'm back to my original "No GVR4 Section" post reading.

This place is like crack, will never be able to quit cold turkey LOL.

thomcasey

Looks like someone bought it?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts