The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90 oil cooler line fitting size

GSTwithPSI

I need to know what size the fitting is between the hardline with the banjo fitting and the soft line (circled in red below):

It's a flared fitting of some sort. Basically looking for an adapter I can screw into the stock soft line where it meets the hard line of the banjo fitting. Thanks.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It is probably 14 x 1.5 mm if memory serves correctly. It might be 16. If you have one, you should be able to just measure the diameter, as I am almost certain it will be 1.5 thread pitch.

tektic

That's the banjo size. He's asking for the flaired fitting end in the hose. Its Damn close to 6an it may be a jic fitting. I'm not sure though.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I know what he is referring to. I think they are the same as the power steering rack flare lines which are 14 x 1.5 mm. Definitely not AN or JIC anything on a stock part.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Also same design if not size of the hard line off the fuel pump where it mates to the rubber line.

tektic

Is that the size of the turbo water flare also?

Which side are you trying to adapt and to what?

make it 6an with this
or this

According to extreme psi it's an inverted flare and no off the shelf part fit. They made these because of that.

When I did the fuel pump in my eclipse I used a adapter from summit and it never leaked a drop.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I found a proper inverted flare adapter to 6AN when I did my fuel pump. I would have to look where I got it from, but it was not Extreme.

I was adapting 6 AN to the hose though, not the pump hardline which broke off.

similar to this

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Thanks for all the responses. I believe Iceman is correct in that the fitting is a M14x1.5mm inverted flare. I'm gonna see what I can dig up that will work.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
If it is the same fitting as the fuel lines that adapter to -6an, this may be what you need.

Have a read here, and there are some sites listed with the part for sale.

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35932&hilit=fuel+fitting

Metric fuel fitting:

14mm X1.5 to -6 Flare

3sx.com

racecomponentsinc.com

According to the thread on Tuners, you will NOT find these fittings/adapters at the following vendors: XRP, Aeroquip, Russell, Earls, Fragola, A1, and Goodridge.

Tuners thread

If it isn't that style (male/female difference), then Iceman got you the right stuff.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned