The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90 awd trans yes or no?

iid just like a simple answer. i ahev a 92 vr4. i found a 90 awd trans in mint condition for a super great price. kid says the shifter bracket is the only different. does the 90 awd trans fit into the 92 vr4? yes or no. i dont want a discription. jsut an answer. k thanks

PolskiVR4

Spline count is different so your transfercase(if its the original from your VR4) wont work.

insane92

I've done it in a 1g, should be the same for a GVR4. You'll also need a '90 t-case, '90 shifter cables and the linkage on the trans as you mentioned.

JackbNimble

Or you could just pop the end off the transmission and swap the output shafts so your transfer case works like I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belize1334

I have a '90 in mine right now. You'll need a 22 spline transfer case (which your car MAY have already) or else you'll need to swap output shafts (which isn't that big of a deal). You'll also need the cable bracket and shifter arm from a 91+.

fivestardsm

Quoting RichHenry:
iid just like a simple answer. i ahev a 92 vr4. i found a 90 awd trans in mint condition for a super great price. kid says the shifter bracket is the only different. does the 90 awd trans fit into the 92 vr4? yes or no. i dont want a discription. jsut an answer. k thanks

cool thats not wha ti was asking. thanks dick. i simply asked yes or no. and got my answer. your too late to be a smartass. k thx

fivestardsm

Oh, im sorry... maybe I should have put a smiley face there also?

2-biggrin2.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
RichHenry,

Welcome to Galant VR-4 .org

There are many boards out there, but the .org is the one, the only source for the best information on these silly cars.

... and you're posting on it ...

Unlike most of the boards out there, the members here build their own cars, so they know them inside out, upside down and backwards.

If you take your time and make easy to read posts, you'll find we have the most helpfull members of any site you'll ever visit.

If you think you can come in here with poorly written posts, and then cop an attitude when you get called out on it, well, you're going to get what you get.

We don't moderate this board much.

... we don't have to ...

The members that make up this board are the ones that decide what fly's and what doesn't

Work with them, and you'll find this is best site on the web.

Come at them head on with a bad attitude or start sh*t with them, and you will get your ass handed to you.

it really is that simple

Welcome to the board, make the most of your time here, and you'll find it's what you make it!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned