The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

89-92 and 93-94 DSM rear calipers?

Larry Parker

I have run the stock 92 rear calipers in my rally car for a while now and I need to get some new parts.... I see that 92's and 93's have a different brake pad?? Anyone know the difference in the parts? I have a set of 4 pistons brembos that I plan to use, but not until i finish my front setup... Which wont be till after STPR.... NO TIME!!

Thanks

LP

Only difference I can think of would have to do with abs.
The actual rotors and calipers are the same size and take the same pads.

edit: Fixed VR4 piston size

early 89-90 dsm pads different.
MR389566 90-94 all same. same as e39a galant vr4 too. I double checked this with actual car VINs.

1g AWD:ad35p, ~35mm piston

vr4: ad35p, ~35mm piston
1g DSM NT ABS: 30mm
1g FWD turbo: 30mm

2g FWD: 35mm piston

2g AWD: 38mm piston and ++rotor diam. this is according to the tech manual, the service manual says that ALL 2g have identical 35mm rear braking systems

Last edited by a moderator:

joec

Maybe they changed the pad compound? Organic vs metallic? Or some sort of EPA regs that forced them to change the compound?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
They should all interchange. I think there was a slight thickness change when they added shims. That is the only difference I can see in CAPS.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts