The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#815 Restoration

BoostedAWD91

Its been quite awhile since i have been posted anything on the board so i figured id give a update on what i have been up to lately with #815. After i purchased my Evo, the galant kinda got alittle neglected and sat in the garage most of the year. The paint was getting very bad on most of the car due to a poor paint job by the previous owner so i finally got started on getting her ready for a fresh new coat of paint. The car is mostly stripped down and mostly sanded. Everything is getting looked over good and freshened up to good as new. Of course i got a bunch of broken bolts during dissassebly to fix. Alot of the headlight bolts broke off and one of the studs in the spoiler broke off which i need to figure out how to fix.
I am still deciding whether i am going to be keeping the galant after its finished or putting it up for sale. I am going to keep the car white, but im still looking into what shade of white i want to paint it. If anyone knows of any real nice shades of white feel free to share, im open to ideas.
Here is some of the progress so far.

turbowop

I might suggest removal of the bumpers for the painting process. Unless you've already thought of that.

As far as white shades go, I actually like the factory Summit White. The white on my Audi is about as white as you can get though. It's called Ibis White. It's like the color of snow.

BoostedAWD91

im gonna have to leave the front bumper on due to there is absolutely no support left and its a PITA getting back on so it will get scratched pretty badly putting it back on im sure afterwards.
I want to go with something different than the factory summit white this time. I have a paint book with only colors from 91-94 which surprisingly the w09 summit white isnt listed under Mitsubishi. I kinda like the VW Diamond White, but its hard to tell what it would look like from just a tiny little piece of paint sample.

Last edited:

turbowop

Ibis White:

9451ec69bc6d20b.jpg

LIV4PSI

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
But its hard to tell what it would look like from just a tiny little piece of paint sample.

Amen.

rdomeck

Not sure if your keeping it and your thinking of changing the color? Bad bad idea......

But if you like bad idea's. I painted mine W69 Dover white. Still a Mitsu color, just a generation ahead and they kept that color for a good 10+ years.

MellowVR4

I am contemplating on what color white i want to paint my car aswell, dont know if i should stick with the summit white or switch it up. I was thinking on porsche cream white.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned