The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/2000: Winter Build Thread

bustedsm

Well, after a hardship of broken parts and bad rod bearings I had to put the VR away for the winter and I'm going to keep a tab on everything I do with it from the time it enters the garage to the time I drive it out. Here is how she sits so far:

DSC_2174.jpg

DSC_2175.jpg

Just a little representation
DSC_2176.jpg

Just a quick rundown of what I have planned:
Replace every bushing in the car (including the rear subframe/mustache bar)
A 9.0:1 Wiseco/Scat engine
Shepherd Stage III Rebuild
FP3065 w/ ATP T3 housing
KaizenSpeed Topmount manifold
Clean every spot on the car and repaint/fill the engine bay

89coltgt

Good luck Chris, if I were closer, I would offer a hand. I am pattiently waiting for parts for the d50.

bustedsm

Quote:
Good luck Chris, if I were closer, I would offer a hand. I am pattiently waiting for parts for the d50.

Nice, I'm going to be doing a lot of work here in the next week or so despite how cold it's supposed to get. I just can't wait to have a running truck again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bustedsm

Pulled the front subframe and motor mount brace. Everything is going smooth as glass and I hope it stays that way throughout the rest of the build!

bustedsm

Just a few picture updates, cleaned the firewall almost down to bare bones so I can redo it all...

DSC_2177.jpg

DSC_2178.jpg

DSC_2179.jpg

DSC_2180.jpg

bustedsm

Need some ideas for front subframe bushings and anything around the whole car....links will be very helpful!

bustedsm

Finally worked up enough motivation to continue in progressing through this build. We spent last night pulling the subframe but it got too late to dismantle all of the individual pieces. I'll have pictures once I begin ripping it apart tonight.

bustedsm

Looks like I'll have the funding to complete the motor build this weekend! Hopefully I'll have the motor completed and ready to be dropped in by next week but I also have to get my manifold setup and everything else!

deez

Nice job! I can't wait to do that to mine to make the engine bay spotless.

bustedsm

From Toybreaker at the shootout this year (I think that's who it was)

Well, upsetting news, I made an attempt to put the rear subframe bushings I got from John into the mustache brace to find out that they are about 1/8th inch too small on both bushings. I know this isn't normal and I've already contacted him, hopefully something can be done really quickly!

bustedsm

Front control arm bushings installed....painted parts as well

3348616250_44efc3a655_b.jpg

3347782497_c913f7fbbe_b.jpg

3348612574_4b71a97b2e_b.jpg

3348837252_9767926117_b.jpg

3348838522_7e6f68442c_b.jpg

3348840112_e3dce18a20_b.jpg

3348842340_638fb20a5c_b.jpg

Hoping to get some things done before I go out drinking tomorrow night, if I'm up for it!

bustedsm

The rest of the bushings have been burned out of everything. The rear trailing arms need to have the collar hammered out and cleaned up and everything needs another coat of paint. I'll have all of the suspension components squared away tonight.

The mustache brace bushing that was too small has been reshipped according to my new measurements so I should have that in the next couple days along with all of my OEM suspension/subframe bolts.

Pictures to be included later today after work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts