The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

802/1000 Diary

marvinmadman

Link to the fan specs and purchase source? How's it feel compared to the FAL?

T3mp0r

click Link to the site and specs for whatever raceline fan you want. I can't tell you how it feels though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSTwithPSI

Mishimoto's slim line is crap. That fan looks pretty well built, though. Specs say it moves 1850cfm, which is a f*** ton of air. Keep us posted, and let us know how it performs.

You're car looks beautiful, man. The bronze Work wheels on the SW are meant to be. Very nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

KiNgMaRtY

^^ Thank you!I do like the way it looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Yes, the Mishimoto slimline is pathetic. I would almost guess that most ebay fans flow more than the their slimline. I have unfortunately had them in the past.
I replaced my Shrouded Flex A Lite (http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/fal_fan.htm) with this new Mishimoto Raceline fan that supposedly flows much more air. I still haven't really put it to the test as I have only been driving it locally. My FAL had no issues but I just want to be prepared for when I/if I start road racing the car. I will forsure auto-x it. I wish I could of fit both fans side by side, but there is just not enough room in front of the turbo with the thick Koyo radiator.

CutlassJim

When road racing you should be at speeds high enough where a fan wouldn't even be necessary. Anything over 30 mph is going to cause more airflow across the core than any fan will. If you have a problem at low speeds/idle have you thought about putting the second fan in front as a pusher like the factory AC fan?

KiNgMaRtY

I would think that would be the case but I have read from some that the heat on the track is an issue because of the constant on and off load.
I have thought of perhaps tapping into the AC fan so it also kicks on with the radiator fan.

minneSNOWta

Looks great with the XD9's. Nice camber plates too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

CutlassJim

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
I would think that would be the case but I have read from some that the heat on the track is an issue because of the constant on and off load.
I have thought of perhaps tapping into the AC fan so it also kicks on with the radiator fan.

Flow through the radiator doesn't care what kind of on off load you are putting on the engine. Since you already have the nice radiator the only thing you could do to improve cooling capacity is to improve airflow through the core. I'm namely talking about a vent in the hood for the higher pressure air in the engine bay to escape causing more of a pressure differential across the radiator. This would help a lot with high speed aero too as from the factory all of the air that enters the engine bay is designed to go under the car causing lift as well. That's 100% of the reason every Evo has had a hood vent.

If you're really interested about aero and heat exchanger efficiency the best thing you can do for yourself is to buy a used magnehelic gauge off of Ebay and start testing and learning for yourself. This way you can take any ideas you have and be able to quantify them for your application.

KiNgMaRtY

A few pics I took on the way to Mitsufest and at the event.

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

Of Course, another pumping gas picture. Haha

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

I also purchased new tires. BFG Sport Comp 2 in a 245/40/17. I got the cars alignment done. I requested that the tech do a -2.1 Camber in the front and -1.5 camber in the rear but I ended up with a -2.1 all around. (Lifetime alignment.) I haven't really put the car to any real handling tests but going around town, the car handles exceptionally well around the corners. Its feels very flat coming around the corners. I am very happy. At some point, I may take it to get corner weighed and balanced.

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting pot:
Thanks for sharing Martin. 611 is looking better and better brother.

Thank you brother, this is 802/1000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
611 was sold some time ago

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting minneSNOWta:
Looks great with the XD9's. Nice camber plates too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Thank you! Yes the Cusco Camber plates were a perfect fit with the KWs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
You have a beautiful car. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KiNgMaRtY

I had been wanting a HTA DSM76 for some time now and I finally picked one up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
3" Inlet and 2" Outlet mated to a Tial MVR Wastegate and a FP 3" recirculated and coated o2 housing. I was thinking of using the dump tube but I decided to just use the recirculated o2.

img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts