The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

749 has new kicks

GeorgeBillings

Riverside Stitch.
16x8
4x114.3/5x114.3
+44 Offset

It's really really close to the lower control arm. So close, I can't fit a finger in there. Other than that, they are the look I was looking for. Here are a few pics of the test fit. I'll get the tires mounted and balanced today. The tires that are going on are Falken 225/45/16

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

GeorgeBillings

I don't know what type of 235 I can find. I'll have to do that next time. I picked these tires up locally off craigs for cheap. They are brand new too.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
225 is ok for 8" wheel. It should be within the manufacturers recommended wheel width for that tire.

bustedsm

Falken's tires run a little wider per series. My 225's fit perfectly on my 17x8" Rota Torques

kartorium

Nice looking wheels.

Thats a grand canyon sized gap to the control arm compared to some setups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Gimpin

am I reading that right that it has a 4 lug and a 5 lug pattern or is that a typo

mitsuturbo

That's a universal 114.3 4/5 lug wheel. Just like the old RH Evolution wheels i used to have.

Last edited:

GeorgeBillings

Yep, so if I ever go 5 lug swap I can keep my rims.

I really like mesh. I have the center caps too but don't think I'll use them. I'll take pics with them on and off. Also the rear is almost perfect. It's hard to tell with my homemade mudflaps.

Lonewolf64

I'm not a big fan of shiny mesh-like wheels. However, I have a feeling these will look pretty darn good with that summit white. Snap some pics of the final result once it is all buttoned up and clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mistaVR4

Awesome!

I'm glad to see 749 getting the nice treatment she deserves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really like those wheels man, great choice! Look forward to seeing the new pics.

GeorgeBillings

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

not bad looking at all, i think if the rims were a bit bigger, it would look nicer but overall I like it. Never thought the galant would pull off mesh's too well, but I think you can pull it off, especially on the white galant.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts