The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#740/1000 BUILD

GSX_TC

Very crafty, I guess I'll need to do that too when I get my manifold. So all you did was just combine two and made one to get the right angle so it doesn't hit the compressor housing anymore?

Fiascoxl

Pretty much, I just cut both at slightly different angles to achieve a slight bend. I then marked them where I needed them with a sharpie and had them welded together.

Fiascoxl

Broke a puny three bolt axle off at the splines testing my first hard launch after running the mustang, needless to say it gave up fast on just one attempt. So within the week I sourced a low mileage clean four bolt rear with cups had it shipped out Tuesday and installed by Friday morning. Met up with my buddy in the Mustang again and he wanted to run again with this time me actually launching it last night. I'm up five pounds of boost to thirty since last time we ran and it was a blatant beat down to say the least. Sucks I forgot my damn go pro at home but I manage to put a couple bus lengths on him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hopefully this coming up weekend I can't get some time off and actually track the car and see where it is off the street with the go pro.

Last edited:

Fiascoxl

Ran at the track last night, still at thirty pounds and 93 pump but with the walbro 450. I just picked up a methanol kit, lol this pass was made with only 9 degrees peak timing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif With a few more psi and some legitimate timing I hope to get this thing down lower, it definitely has a ton left!

Fiascoxl

Just got one of ehmotorsports short shifters in and the throw is super short and very precise now. I opted for and sent in a 1g shifter and couldn't be anymore pleased with the end result.

I also took out the rubber bushings and pressed out the sleeves and with the use of washers lifted the base plate about a half inch or so. I kinda figured the shifter would sit low so I went ahead and did this right off the bat and in conjunction with a 1g boot it came out pretty sweet I'd would say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Fiascoxl

Ran a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Saturday night, results were more than entertaining. wasted it from a dig and a 40 mph roll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I need to figure out how to post it here but if anyone hasn't seen the video, add me on facebook I'm tagged in it and its on my timeline. Joey santiago

GSX_TC

Ahh man I gotta see that! Good job Joey!

4g6Tree

Awesome car, I see you're racing out at the Bridge. If you want, let me know the next time you're going. I'd like to see that thing run, maybe I'll line up against you and get embarrassed, lol. It would be cool to see two GVR4s on the track together, even if I'm a full second slower.

GSX_TC

Ouch. So are you going to repair it or get another type of intake manifold?

GSX_TC

Look like better welds than before, that should hold up well.

Fiascoxl

Just got back from a local track where I was able to win Import Power Adder Class with #740. I have a few pics and go pro footage to come later. After tuning out some bugs and lowering the boost down to 30 from 35 was able to crack consistent 7.4's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned