The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

737 upgrades

Egalloway

Well dropped 737 off at phoniex motor sports for the new kelford 272s AEM cam gears and super tech springs/retainers install. The pile is upgrading! They will be installing the dsmlink3 and 1000cc injectors also. I plan to get it dyno tuned sometime next month and see where I land. Thought the masses might like to know 737/2000 is alive and kicking up. I'm excited to try it out since the previous owner did such a great job building it. I hope the easy fun driver doesn't disappear just for crazy top end. See soon I guess.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

So you are modding a car that you plan to sale? Post up some pics and a mod list please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Egalloway

Doh, 1 to many vr4 galants can be a problem. No 814 is sitting waiting on the title so it will be for sale as soon as I have title in hand. I plan to keep 737 a long time, it is a blast and should be even more fun with the new upgrades and the trip to the dyno soon. The next project is upgrading the trans to take the power and high rpm shifts, the stock one in it grinds above 5500 so the cams/springs range are just gonna make it worse. Planning on going with a shep or jacks trans in it. I'll get some photos and maybe a vid of it Monday when I pick it up.
814 as the following just for info for future reference
Mods.
720 injectors
BC springs and retainers
Honda civic half radiator
punishment racing 02 housing
tial 38mm external wastegate with dump tube
PTE 5431e turbo with SS feed line
2g MAF
3in turbo back exhaust
wally 255 fuel pump
key diver chip
AEM wideband/boost gauge
Starion FMIC
new timing belt and head gasket

forced performance intake pipe: installed
ACT clutch
SS turbo drain line
battery relocation kit: installed

Steve885

If your having known problems with your trans why not spend the money on that...the day you get it back go straight to Vato zone and buy four chromed out jack stands..good luck

Jesus_Negros

Power mods>Looks>Reliability Thats the Turbo Mitsu Curse

Egalloway

Actually it is the typical grinding on 3 at redline shifts on a 200,000 + car...., these aren't the specs on 737, specs below. All the maint items are addressed and updated. Considering the options on trans and my intent to multipurpose this vr4 I have talked to all the big shops and pursued a couple current customers to drive the different shops trans. So keep your Vato zone chrome stands under your ride. This isn't my first vr4 or performance car purchase or build
And just FYI the trans is being ordered in to my shop Monday. .

Last edited:

Egalloway

More than enough power on 737 when I got it just finishing it, I doubt I'll ever paint or fix the body up. I like the used look since it throws people off. Reliability was built in with all the updates, maint items and wiring fixes before I bought it, all the receipts and paper work came with it.

Belize Green
737/2000
227,273 on chassis
less than 10,000 on reworked engine

What this car is: This car is a reliable, well sorted out weekend ride that is very fast. It has been tuned fairly well and runs ~20 psi of boost with no knock on 93 octane (could be faster with a good dyno tune). All the work that has been done since it was purchased has been done very well. No shortcuts or sloppy workmanship. It has no leaks of any kind.

Engine:
2.0 with 2g pistons
New ACL Race main and rod bearings
“New” crank from a bone stock 2.0 turbo car (probably had ~100k on it, but all dimensions in spec)
Fresh head with valves lapped by hand and new stem seals
3g lifters
ARP head studs
All new gaskets

Exhaust:
New exhaust manifold studs
2g exhaust manifold
3” turbo back exhaust
Meagan Racing tubular O2 sensor housing
Meagan Racing 3” stainless downpipe
Meagan racing resonator
Dynomax muffler
no cat

Go fast/tuning:
Keydiver chip
AEM wideband O2 sensor
Super AFC II
Denso 720 injectors
2g MAS
Gizzmo MS IBC electronic boost controller
Bullseye Power Borg Warner S256 turbo (~58 lb/min)
ETS Galant VR-4 specific intercooler
New Autometer boost gauge
4” intake with Amsoil air filter
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Electrical:
New Odyssey PC680 battery
New alternator
New oxygen sensor
New ignition coil pack
New ignition igniter
New NGK spark plug wires
New NGK BPR7ES spark plugs
New idle stop switch
New idle speed control motor
New throttle position sensor
New coolant temp sensor

Clutch/driveline/brakes:
Rebuilt clutch pedal assembly from Shep Racing
New Exedy clutch from Shep Racing
New clutch slave cylinder
Machined stock flywheel (done on a lathe so it's flat and step height is correct)
New flywheel and pressure plate bolts
4 bolt LSD
New passenger side CV boots
New front brake rotors & pads
New rear brake calipers
New e-brake cables
ABS delete with legit Galant GSX non-ABS proportioning valve & brake lines

Suspension:
New KYB GR2 shocks
New strut mounts
New KYB strut boots/bumpers
HR lowering springs

Lubricant/aesthetics:
Amsoil engine oil, filter & transmission oil
Redline rear diff oil
Carbon fiber hood and rear spoiler
3g headlights (I think)
Sunroof

Last edited:

tyeler18

Sounds like a good build. I've got 736 sitting in the garage right now! nice to see adjoining numbers still running!

Egalloway

Cool it is nice to hear other connector numbers running.

Well 737 ended up getting its head pulled to put cometic head gasket in for the boost levels coming. It's going back with a greddy timing belt and new oem tensioner also, so should be pretty solid now top to bottom.
Hopefully tre will call me back so I can get a trans ordered to bring the trans up to handle the motor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts