The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

654/2000 Down but not out

uncleben4rice

Random Pics of Blown Motor. Newbs you gotta pay to play.
Sheet Metal intake going back on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I cried when I saw those Crower Rods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif. I thought it was an eagle rod motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.
Eagle rod motor going back in for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif 500AWDHP with ease. Put your money in the heads kids. Matter of fact get a 2g head its cheaper. All my boys are running the 2g head with the evo3 intake? I wonder why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

uncleben4rice

New motor ready to go back in. Eagle Rods, JE pistons, Mitsu MLS head gasket, New exhaust stud kit, re-surface head, Another Jay racing alt relocation kit (the Steele one) sheet metal intake, New timing belt kit...all total $2,300 installed. whew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Brunoboy

Who did the work Junius? Ted?

Tre3zy

dont eagle rods are nice i have that with ross pistons... but i heard a rumor saying that eagle rods are made in china now??? and they snap in half???

ApexHunter

Quoting Tre3zy:
but i heard a rumor saying that eagle rods are made in china now???

Fact.

Quoting Tre3zy:
and they snap in half???

That seems like the rumor part.

ktmrider

Don't forget folks this is carnage due to an oiling issue, see OP's thread on filter problem.

uncleben4rice

Quoting Tre3zy:
dont eagle rods are nice i have that with ross pistons... but i heard a rumor saying that eagle rods are made in china now??? and they snap in half???

Trez, Eagle Rods are decent. Most guys run them up to 600Hp.

uncleben4rice

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
What cylinder did that rod come out of?

Number 4 Cylinder. Two rods where bad 3 and 4...

uncleben4rice

Quoting brunoboy:
Who did the work Junius? Ted?

Tedspec For sure gonna tuck some wires and clean up the engine bay while we are at it.

uncleben4rice

WildKards, Lloyd Engineering, Parts dinosaur, extream psi, Maperformance And Jay racing. Where would I be without them. Install pics coming soon.

TurboTurtle

TIS BUT A SCRATCH lol

Redwood

ouch man that is a rough liking motor after the oil problem. glad to see you got it all back together and what not. make sure you watch that oil gauge this time man.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

uncleben4rice

Im going to make sure I don't lose pressure again. 2 different precautionary measures will be taken. Oil lose cut off switch and some sort of filter brace.

92GVR4num65

Quoting uncleben4rice:
WildKards, Lloyd Engineering, Parts dinosaur, extream psi, Maperformance And Jay racing. Where would I be without them. Install pics coming soon.

Ans: $2300 Richer.....I kid, sounds like a stout build and kudos for not lettin a busted rod get you down...just gotta come back bigger and badder.

uncleben4rice

654 Back on the Block. 28 PSI and sheet metal intake. Now I need to clean it up and tuck some wires. Bass Ackwards I know

Tre3zy

need moar boost as well then lets play again uncle ben!

BadVr4

that kind of damage will happen to any type of rod, crower, je, aluminum, etc if there is an oiling issue. crowers are superior rods to eagles, but if your not planning on going much over 500-600 hp eagles are a better choice due to price.

uncleben4rice

Well, 654/2000 back on the block
here are some random pics

iphone quality
oh well

Thanks for all the support guys.

I talk a lot of smack but I'm really into these cars.

Its not personal. Just fun.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned