The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

649/2000 is getting hitched!

IncorpoRatedX

i'll do it just because i own two and for the sake of doing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

Quoting KT:
Only a Galant towing a Galant will make it perfect.

This is my Galant (JDM 4th gen RWD Turbo coupe) towing two parts cars to scrap yard, plus my other coupe (Eterna, higher spec Galant) to new storage facility.

DSCF2434.jpg

DSCF2437.jpg

DSCF2435.jpg

fuel

I LOL'd!

IncorpoRatedX

you bastard!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Does it flex much with tongue weight? What did you bolt yours to at the sides? The factory hitch that I have seen mounts through the tow hitch holes, and requires you to cut a hole in the bumper and bolt a bracket up into the bumper beam. This is great for strength, but I like how yours won't modify the factory bumper cover at all.. Looks great!

IncorpoRatedX

nope it doesnt flex, it's built out of stronger steel than most other hitches, i think it's 15,000 ksi rated. i bolted mine to the 8 bolt holes that the original two hooks bolt to, directly into the frame rails. I refuse to modify the bumper for a hitch, that's ridiculous!

IncorpoRatedX

Found the trailer I plan to use with this.

click

custom_trailer.jpg

if you look at the pics, im going to dovetail it like one person did, add decking and use it to haul my bike:

387402_10150934537780508_513365507_21840765_2048470991_n.jpg[img]

mountaineerjeff

its time for a sweet half galant trailer, being pulled by a galant. you know the ones where they make a trailer out of half of a car? DO IT, DO IT NOW!

IncorpoRatedX

There's a few in the junkyard here... haha.

mountaineerjeff

theres a fwd with no rear end damage here...perfect donor for some 'extra' trunk space. its the same color as ur gsx too, lol.

IncorpoRatedX

hah, theres a complete, straight bodied silver FWD one here too. I think I'll stick with a conventional trailer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kama1

Im really liking the hitch idea,looks so sexy.
Anyone with a jdm rear and hitch pic?

460GVR4

I like that hitch, I have been pondering how I will do one on mine. I want to tow my duck boat around for hunting season, since 4 cyl gas mileage is much better than the old v8!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned