The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

555/1000

mitsuturbo

I need to do the same. I need to start thinking about getting it in for a full refresh on paint and body.

mitsuturbo

My first trip to the 1/4 mile strip in about 10 years resulted in some decent (and embarrassing results).
I drove the G to work yesterday at about 5:15amto be in at 6. I work in Redmond, which is about 20 miles away. As I was driving back roads, from Monroe to Duvall, I was doing a mental check list. I'd been up late finishing wiring on the kill switch so it would kill the car and not just cut off the battery +, and I'd had one too many double IPAs. My brain was functioning a bit slowly. I get to Duvall and slow from a 55mph zone to a 30mph and realize "f***, I forgot my helmet." I drive 12 miles back to the house to get it, and wind up at work around 7am. Work day flies by, and I leave at 230 to the track for TnT. Get there at 330, pay the fees, get teched (lazy f*** didnt even check my kill switch... real confidence inspiring work, bud) and park to wait for TnT to be called.

First run: 13.3 @ 111.5 1.9 60'. Spun thru 1st, and wimped it into 2nd.
Second run: 13.6 @ 113.4 2.1 60'. Spun worse thru 1st, failed harder at grabbing 2nd while bouncing off 8250 revlimit.
Third run: 12.9 @ 114.9 2.2 60' More wheelspin. Decided to lower launch from 5500 to 5k.
Fourth run: 12.7 @ 115.7 2.1 60' Wheelspin again, but an almost decent shift to 2nd. Lower launch to 4500.
Fifth run: 14.699 @ 108.6 2.6 60' Minor wheelspin but i had my hand on the shifter thinking i'll short-shift into 2nd, and i pull it right out of gear at 6k. FML.
Sixth run: Feels awesome. Spun first a tiny bit about 30 ft out. Snagged 2nd at 7500 perfectly. Spun 2nd a tiny bit. Ran it up to 8200 in 2nd and 3rd. 4th felt a little flat when i grabbed it, but MPH seemed high. I was moving, so took the long rundown exit. Get to the slip booth, and the girl tells me "sorry, this one didn't print, i screwed up. If you want to know how you did, go to the 3rd floor in the tower."
I go to the top of the tower, and this girl working there is scrounging around "Where the hell did i put the Test n Tunes? I just had them!" for like 5 minutes. She finally finds the printout... "Did you run against the same car twice?" To which i reply, "Yes, I did". She's like "sh*t, IDK which one it is, do you know what you ran last time?" I tell her 14something. Then she goes "oh, here it is" and she writes this down:

I had to check the printout. Twice. I couldn't believe i had run that well on my own street tune, nothing but pump gas, and my 6th pass after 10 years of not being to a track, in a new car with a totally new setup. I was ECSTATIC!

I don't think 11's are too far off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tl;dr = I ran 12.1 @ 116.3 with a mediocre 1.8 60'

Yohler

Nice pull. Now I won't feel so bad once I get my turd to the track it has been probably just as long for me. How much boost were you running?

GSTwithPSI

12.1 on pump in a full weight Galant is a great time. Congrats, dude.

More seat time, better fuel, and higher boost will all help to you get into the 11s. You got plans for any of those?

Gizmovr4

Nice to see a clean car making passes at the track - 11s are in the future !! Great job !

mitsuturbo

Quoting Yohler:
Nice pull. Now I won't feel so bad once I get my turd to the track it has been probably just as long for me. How much boost were you running?

23 psi

mitsuturbo

I ran some more low 12s last season as well. 12.1, 12.2, 12.3. Best mph was 118.
At least i was getting more consistent. I'm getting new tires this season which will help a lot.
Installing this seemed to help a bit as well.

mitsuturbo

Car is running pretty good. New personal best ET and MPH, again.

I don't want to cage the car, so it looks like i'm about done with drag racing this car. First pass that day was 11.7. 2nd pass was 11.48 and the safety guy came and told me i had to leave. I told them i'd slow it down, so they let me run some more, but at the end of the day i decided i was tired of braking at the end of the track, i guess. Oops. That ended my night.

Wheel spin, and bog into 2nd - One of the slower runs i made on June 16, 2017

Here are the 2 runs that got me sent home, as well as another that i had lowered boost on significantly to try and keep the ETs over 11.49.
img.php

Video is 11.9 @ 125.

mitsuturbo

This was my final slip, (partially covered in prior photo) and was one of the best races i've had so far. Vs a turbo mirage on slicks.
There's plenty more boost to be had, but I'm pretty sure one pass is all I'd get. Not worth it for the price of entry, unfortunately.
Maybe one of these days i'll go get myself a 10 second slip. A minor turbo upgrade will be happening in the not too distant future. Going from a gt3076r to a gt3082r

mitsuturbo

I'm getting used to it... i don't mind it except in heavy traffic it's kind of lame. Still better than a 2600 though.

transparentdsm

I'm about to go bigger turbo and I think I want one, thanks.

Edit: just bought one based solely on your opinion.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Hahaha technically both... Bought the bigger turbo 2 months back(pte 3431 rle dbb with DSM hotside and FP manifold) thank you Nate, just bought the QM twin today.. thanks to Juan

mitsuturbo

Just about finished installing the BTI 7" Touchscreen with Link G4 integration. I just need to sort out a couple of the LEDs not working properly. The CEL LED turns on when the key goes off, and keeps the ECU on. The low fuel indicator LED turns on with the key. Not sure why.

I plan on using the low fuel LED for a surge tank level drop indicator in the future. Whether i go with a fuel cell with integrated surge tank, or an external one. Since the wire is already there, it should make for easier connection.

The hi beam can be displayed in the touchscreen, but it was easier for me to tap into the gauge cluster and run my own LED since that circuit pulls to ground. The screen is looking for DC+ to indicate hi-beam. Brake warning indicator is run to the display, as are the turn signals.

Left to right LEDs are: 4ws (low fluid), low fuel, hi beam, CEL, door ajar.

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts