The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

555/1000

mitsuturbo

Thanks a lot for the compliments, guys. I just finished cleaning up and painting the rear calipers and rotor hats. After I had fixed the steering wheel and stalk clicker alignment. Also did a little fine tuning for idle and coast down. It's running pretty well. I'm quite pleased with it.

I'm taking it out to a couple meets this weekend. It will be interesting to see what others think of it.

Last edited:

coyotes

Hey it was cool to meet you Anthony, very nice vr4 too. I took a photo, nothing great. There's too many evos in the way. That spot would be good for photos in the future.

mitsuturbo

I find it hilarious yet a little disturbing that NOT ONE evo owner opened their hood. Even more funny, is the fact that one of them actually had a CF hood (not a dry weave, either) which would have ADDED weight to the front of his car, as well as looking like total shitrice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mitsuturbo

Some stuff happened, some trades went on, and i wound up with a few different parts. Machine shop that did the work for me a while back... well they kinda did a shitty job.

So i dropped a 2.3L in this thing a couple weeks ago, with some other updated parts as well. FIC 2150's and rail, Magnus V3 cast (which i polished), ported head, beehive valve springs.

I think i need a bigger turbo. First, i need a good tune. I may just take it to English. I dunno yet. I'm gonna need an alky/meth setup next.

It's got 7 miles on the new 2.3L setup.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Looks very clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

G

Staff member
Looks real nice!

citymunky

That grille tho!

Jesus_Negros

Looking good Justin, can I buy it?

mitsuturbo

Thanks for the compliments.
No, Turbro, you cannot buy it.

I cleaned it up a bit after putting 25 fairly hard "break in" miles on it. Constant accel/decel. I figure i'll put about another 25 on it, then change the oil and clean the inline turbo filter out. I'm sure there will be a little bit of sh*t in there. It's not tuned right yet by any means. So far it's putting down maybe 350 to the wheels, having seen only 22psi thus far.

I waxed the car. I can't remember last time i waxed a vehicle. 1997, maybe. Haven't done the trunk yet, or the rear doors. Maybe tomorrow...

Also, that's not a crinkle in the fender above the corner light. It's some glare or reflection.

I need to get the tails sorted. The chrome bezels have got to go. I'm just going to have someone paint them. Someone who knows how to properly spray automotive paint. The stock 92's look like sh*t IMO. They're an embarrassment. Also, the tune... ugh. I'm starting from scratch now, with the 2150s and the magnus v3. Everything is all out of whack. It'll get there, someday. I should just take it to english and get a baseline done on their dyno and go from there.

Over this past weekend, i went to PnP and picked up a pair of horns off of a 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight. Installed them, along with a couple of relays since they seem to ground through their mounting location. They're LOUD. Sounds like... well, an old domestic car. Very much out of place on this early 90's japanese shitbox... and totally awesome.

Thanks again for the criticism and comments, guys. It's all welcome, positive or negative. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I got some goodies i need to install.

1. Fluidampr
2. Kiggly HLAR
3. THIS:

Also picked up a methanol tank and solenoid. Now i just need to get a pump, nozzle and some other odds and ends to get that put together.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts