The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

533/1000 is back on the road. Pics added

BlitzVR4

Finally drove the car more than 2 miles. Took her out for a spin, I really miss driving the Galant around. Been driving the Tacoma for a year. It felt weird at first being so low.

Anyways I put in a working tranny, DSS driveshaft, new front axles, all new brake rotors (slotted and drilled from Tuners Nation), new rear brake calipers and pads. Put Hawk pads up front. And finally installed BC Coilovers. I also ordered an exhaust from Tuners Nation, so I am waiting for that to come in. Driving around with just a downpipe. Pretty loud and can hear the turbo spool.

The car drives like its on rails for not having an alignment yet. The car is pretty stiff it is set at 8 with 0 being the hardest and 30 softest. I haven't played with the camber adjustments yet. I have the stock rim and tires on right now. Need to order a new tire for my 18" rims. Then I will finally get an alignment. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hondasi88

I was just down there in va beach.......i need to find someone in va that will help me with inspection.

Good looking car btw!

Car is looking good. Once you put some more miles on the BC Coilovers, I'd like to hear your feedback. I don't have any experience with them yet.

turbofonz

Love the stance in that first pic.

Where is your battery located?

Nice stance. I like the Greddy type R bov. Good to see people still using them. It sucks to recirculate them because of the large opening but if you built an intake to fit it back in it would work wonders. I had the stiff spring one on a t25 sr20 240 about 8 years ago and it was too stiff to open fully. I ended up getting shaft play prematurely so watch that with the smaller turbos at lower boost. Anyway the car is looking good, I would maybe move that IC over to the left an inch or so to center it but it could just be the angle.

JSchleim18

That thing is sitting right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I think it's the angle that's throwing off the look of the intercooler.

Last edited:

broxma

Looking at the profile gives me some insight into exactly how 4x4 my rear end is. I'll try and fix that this weekend.

Looks good.

/brox

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Car is looking good. Once you put some more miles on the BC Coilovers, I'd like to hear your feedback. I don't have any experience with them yet.

Just checked their website and no application for e39a galantvr4
did you get the ones for the 1g?

Quoting JSchleim18:

I think it's the angle that's throwing off the look of the intercooler.

Yeah, there we go, it is sitting centered. It looks good.

BlitzVR4

Quoting Blown1:
Quoting Garfield Wright:

Just checked their website and no application for e39a galantvr4
did you get the ones for the 1g?

They don't list them on the US website you have to look on the UK site. These are specific for E39A. These have the inverted tube. They do have a lower model.

Boostdtalon

Looks good! Yeah I emailed BC of UK and the US rep emailed me back and said that they can get them for us. Post up your opinion once you get more miles. I'm looking at getting these in the future as well.

ok thats good looking forward to your feedback on these my
friend is actually a bc dealer should be able to get some
good prices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts