The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Added at 10mm in the rear.

E07ILk.jpg

Last edited:

turbofonz

Begging for full body shots.

nsin

Wow moar pics!

Galantvr4559

Wheels look awsome and wish i had the time and money to do all that work to my galant. New oe parts, repairing and repainting undercarrage. Cars looks amazing.

bobdole

Cleaned the car today. Had a chance to take some pictures.

B4uf7M.jpg

vm2Mvu.jpg

dlHQVe.jpg

fiyvM8.jpg

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Thank you for sharing those pictures. She looks damn good! Charles, could you please talk a bit more about your wheels? Perhaps a bit about how much they cost, where you sourced them, whether your satisfied w/ them, etc. if you don't mind. I'd really like to know your thoughts because I've always wanted those same exact wheels to put on my NB.

Quoting bobdole:
Quoting JSchleim18:
Sexyyy!

Specs on the wheels?

17 8.0 25 offset.

Wow, they're 17s?

They look like 15" from the pics. Nonetheless, your car looks great!

LIV4PSI

This is definitely one of my favorite cars on the forums.

bobdole

Quoting Pot:
Thank you for sharing those pictures. She looks damn good! Charles, could you please talk a bit more about your wheels? Perhaps a bit about how much they cost, where you sourced them, whether your satisfied w/ them, etc. if you don't mind. I'd really like to know your thoughts because I've always wanted those same exact wheels to put on my NB.

I waited 4 months for them. Quality is top notch. 100% satisfied. Not my first set of Rays wheels. Sent you a message.

Charles

christo

Quoting bobdole:
Cleaned the car today. Had a chance to take some pictures.

Love it, looks so good.

bobdole

Thanks guys for kinds words. Been a great couple years doing the car. Plan on driving it some now. Getting some miles on her. Maybe take to some shows. I have a friend who wants to do a photo shoot of the car. I will post pictures when it is done.

Ian M

Subtle but hard as nails looking at the same time. I dig it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mitsuturbo

I'd like to know what all was involved in getting the wheels to fit properly, and with proper alignment. The car looks pretty low.

What was used for rear camber? The rear tires fill out the fenders pretty well. Anything special back there? I know there's a set of BC coilovers under it. Was it just the camber plates up front and then the typical toe adjustments up there, or was anything else required?

bobdole

Everything is stock for camber in the rear. I needed alittle negative camber to fit the wheels. Fronts are just the BC camber plates and toe adjustment. The final spec's for the rear wheels is 17 8.0 15 offset (Kics 10mm spacers). Front is 17 8.0 25 offset.

mitsuturbo

Was the 10mm spacer put in to clear suspension, or to push the wheels out a little further? Did you have to put longer lug studs in for that?

Since you had to have some negative camber, i'm assuming they were used in order to clear the rear suspension, right?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned