The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Mounted the tow hooks today.

those are a very important part of any GVR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

A new tool I got in to help bleed the brakes.

dsm10o0

Awesome build/Restoration project man. keep up the good work.

bobdole

Ok since my swaybars are going to be a while. I have started on the front. Took of the front bumper, intercooler, headlights, grill and radiator.

Ordering new radiator and fan shroud. Taking a few more parts to sand plaster (intake box and front bumber suport). The front doesn't look as bad as the rear, but
there is some small rust spots here and there I will have to take care off. The former owner had the car repainted couple years ago and the body shop didn't do the
great job. Lots of overspray. I will be removing all of that. Couple bolts broke when taking of the bumper. I will have to drill them out and retap the thread. Did that
a couple times while working on the rear of the car. The valve cover has a small leak so I ordered new gasket. I want to get the 93 headlights. I really liked
these on my old VR4. Made the car look newer. I will also ad a HID kit. Check out the pictures!!

This was one of the intercooler pipes on the car!

bobdole

More pictures. Front end will need alot of work too.

Bumper suport had some rust:

Took the fan apart to get it sand plasted.

Front suspension images. Going to start taking it all apart. Replacing parts as needed.

bobdole

Took the fenders off. Found a nice rust spot on both sides. The fenders are shot. Got to find some fenders.

bobdole

Couple more images:

Battary tray: off to sand plaster:

Under the battary tray:

dang man, looks like a good bit of work on the front end. Super high quality build so far! Keep up the nice work and keep us posted.

bobdole

I found some fenders today. They are off a 91 galant non VR4. Just going to drill the holes to fit the side molding. I ordered a new exhaust manifold today.
My stock one is cracked. I also ordered new stainless steel hardware also. My next step is to sand down the rust area below the battary try. Treat the area
and then paint.

evolved4g63

Whats the plan with the rust behind the fenders? That seems like one of the more common areas on all galant models. The fender and fender liners seem to just trap anything and everything back behind there. I've pulled out more than a fist full of dirt and rust from behind my cars fenders.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I cleaned, sanded and treated mine with zero rust, and then painted over them, and the inside of the fenders. I think I may have used rustproofing in a can on the fenders on the second car.

I unbolt everything about once a year and clean these out. Leaves get caught in there and trap too much moisture.

bobdole

Today I removed the fender liner and found more rust in the frame rails. Doesn't look to bad. Just got to get all the rust out then weld new metal in. Then treat with the rust bullet and then paint. I started on the battary try area. This area is just surface rust. So won't take long. I will be doing this area tomorrow. More pics.

Frame rails

Pickup up a new jack and jack stands today. Low profile jack!!!

Last edited:

bobdole

my friendly Mistubishi guy should up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif New turbo manifold, lower heat sheild and hood insulator. Oh and my K&N drop in filter.

Last edited:

You reordere a stock 1g exhaust manifold? They crack and I bet it was a fortune!

bobdole

yep stock manifold. Got a sweet connection at the dealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bobdole

Ok yesterday I finish sanding the front of the car and battary tray area. Cleaned up all the rust on the battary area and front of the car. Today I am hoping to weld new metal on the lower fender area and inner fender. Then treat with Rust bullet.

Fenders and front bumper showed up from the body shop.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned