The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5-lug swap - brakes

gramkrakr89

689 has had a 5-lug conversion on it since I got it, and had decently new brakes... that was in 2008.

The brakes are now needing attention before it is reassigned to semi-daily driving status again.

So when purchasing rotors, do I need to get a set for a '93 Eclipse GSX? or does there need to be some custom drilling of stock rotors?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jesus_Negros

93' GSX brakes will do.

gramkrakr89

OK. Wasn't sure if there was any difference in the rotor offset or whatever it's called.

The calipers are the same, though... right?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Stock gvr4 front calipers are the same as the 1g 2piston front calipers. If you 5 lug swap and retained your calipers. Use the 1g big brake rotors/pads. I think its the 92.5-94' 1g AWD DSM front brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmorri15

i got 3kgt base/sl drilled and slotted with stoptech pads for the front and 93dsms for the rear. the 3kgt base/sl have the exact same setup as the 5lug swaped gvr4 and they shouldnt cost a too much.

donkeylips

I will have to double check CAPS to be certain but it seems like there may have been minor difference in the rear brakes from year to year. I ordered '93 GSX rear pads from rockauto one time and they were wrong. It's possible that I was sent the wrong pads though.

For the front rotors I think any 92.5+ AWD DSM should work. I use '93 GSX parts for the front and '91 GSX parts for the rear although it's possible that this is unnecessary.
For pads only you should be able to just get pads for a Galant VR4.

gramkrakr89

OK. Getting '93 Eclipse GSX rotors all around, and Galant VR-4 pads all around - I'll report back on how they fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again guys!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts