The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5 lug conversion

Could we stay on topic please and post some usefull info if anyone knows anything about the topics discussed in this thread.

Does the ABS have it's own computer which could be swapped with a TEL one?
confused.gif

1 more thing, the 91's ABS didnt work well with a LSD like I installed. So either I need to swap in a later ABS computer or get rid of it completely. And in wet Portland I want abs.

quote:Originally posted by Bigfoot:
Does the ABS have it's own computer which could be swapped with a TEL one? Or does the ECU control it, and could a TEL ecu be swapped into the GVR4?
confused.gif
Yes on a GVR4 it has it's own computer in the trunk. As far as the TEL i don't know. Also i did some looking around and it seems their are different ABS systems for FWD and AWD cars as well as different years. This is what i am trying to get to the bottom of, but i have no experience with TEL's.

Anyone have any info?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts