The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4G63 Cyclone Non-Turbo - Unexplained warning lights in the speedometer

Ali_6306

Guys here is another caution light. Its been in many speedometers I have seen, but never seen one that is working. I attempted to reverse engineer it, but there is no wire in this vehicle's harness to operate it. Just wondering what it may be for:

fuel

low coolant level in reservoir. The light was not used on all models, only in some select markets.

misterfixit

Thats low headlight washer fluid, not coolant. In all the EU cars i've had it's been that.

I don't have a uk owners manual scanned here though so I can't post the manual blurb.

Has it got head light washers?

Rich

Last edited:

Ali_6306

Neither my car nor the donor had headlight washer. Which explains why this light was not operative.

About the CAT temp sensor: The resistance I got here was not working as it produced erratic resistance everytime I checked. So I visited the electronics market and without much effort got hold of a variable resistance (0 to 100 ohms). It works perfect once set to produce 15 ohms resistance. Before I connect it to ECM, can you confirm whether all I need to do is to connect the wires (red & white) to two interfaces of the variable resistance? Is there any thing else I need to pay attention to?

I believe if the light goes out, it means success. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ali

misterfixit

yup. Just connect the two wires to the load.

As it's a variable resistance you could do a sweep and let us know whats the minimum it goes out at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich

Ali_6306

Hi Rich,

Issue fixed. I connected the wires to the resistance and light goes out. Thankyou for the help mate! (Y)

The variable resistance I have ranges from 1.3 to 108 ohms. I checked all through the range, but the CAT temp light stays off until it is disconnected.

Thank you again for the guidance!

Regards,

Ali

misterfixit

Cheers for that!

Here's the wiring for 87.10 N/A 4G63. Config diags too:

Hope this helps!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts