The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4bolt and five lug question i searched didnt find the ans

Zee

If I do a 4bolt subframe swap will I need to buy 1g specific coilovers for the rear... And will 1g 5lug swap works on gvr4 along with gvr4. And can I use 1g calipers front and rear on gvr4??
Thanks zee

fuel

you would use VR-4 coilovers front and rear as the strut length (for the rear) and top hats (for the front) are specific to the Galant but you can always use Galant top hats on DSM front struts and you may be able to adjust DSM rear coilovers to the right height on a VR-4.

1G knuckles & calipers are the same as VR-4, the only difference are the hubs & rotors are 5 lug instead of 4 lug.

Zee

Thanks bro so now I'm gonna order gvr4 specific coilovers thanks zee

raptorWagon

Specifically 1gb (93-94) front calipers are same as USDM 91-92 GVR4s, 1ga DSMs have single piston front calipers.

Zee,

1G DSMs were built on a shortened chassis of the E3x Galants, so many of their parts eill interchange with the Galants. A DSM rear subframe is the same as the Galant's but without the 4WS components bolted to it. You really don't have to change out the subframe, just to swap diffs.

If you are still running ABS, you will need to swap the ABS rings from the galant hubs onto the DSM hubs, to retain ABS, iirc. There are several how to threads on "5 lug swap".

Last edited:

Zee

Thanks bro I got another big problem my car most of the time runs only 3 cylinders and some time its good The guys that try to install arm ems s2 messed up the wirring bad.. Can I use the harness from said 1gb 93 awd talon and fix the harness problem
Thanks zee

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts