The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#476/2000 in Oklahoma

diambo4life

New to GVR4s. Not new to the 4G63 game. Just an introduction. I have been lurking on here for months but never posted since I like reading a lot. I am the current owner of #476/2000. I owned my old Talon for a long time and finally said bye to it a couple years ago. Thought I was done until I ran into an opportunity to own a GVR4 which had been my first love. Quick rundown of mods.

Engine/Lower End Modifications:
9.0:1 C.R. Wiseco pistons 0.20" oversize, Eagle rods, BSE, ARP head studs and mains, ACL tri metal rod bearings and mains with extra oil clearance.

Turbo/Nitrous Modifications:
Garrett GT3076r Mitsubishi bolt on

Transmission/Drive Line Modifications:
5 speed trans with welded center diff. 4 bolt rear.

Fuel System Modifications:
1600cc/m injectors, -8AN fuel line tank to rail, FPR, Fuel Lab fuel filter, Walbro 400lph fuel pump.

Intake/Head Modifications:
FP 4"intake with high flow AEM filter (CAI), JMF SMIM, Web 276/274 camshafts, Ferrea valve guides, 3" FMIC with 2.5" hard pipes, Blitz BOV.

Exhaust Modifications:
3" turboback exhaust with Magnaflow muffler (no cat), 38mm Tial EWG, Punishment Racing O2 sensor housing....recirculated.

Suspension Modifications:
Eibach pro kit with KYB AGXs...(modified the front springs)

Electronics Modifications:
AEM UEGO wideband, ECMlink V3 (full) SD.

Brake Modifications:
Powerslot rotors and pads.

Wheel/Tire Upgrades and Modifications:
17"x7" Rota Subzeros with 225/45/17 Azenis rubber.

Glad to be a member here.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard, did you do those mods yourself or did you buy it that way?

diambo4life

It came with most of the mods but a few things have changed. Removed the catalytic converter. No vehicle inspections here in OK. It had a Holset Hx40 which blew up at the track. I also just finished redoing the bottom end since it spun rod bearing #1 a few months after I bought it. I attribute it to failure of the Holset, some major oil starvation there and it seemed like the tolerances were too tight to begin with. It had Aluglides in there (yuck!) and they were all junk (rod bearings especially.) The crank had been cut too since it had undersize bearings. Almost all were trashed. I tossed a fresh crank from an auto, new rod and main bearings (ACL trimetals,) ditched the helical oil pump for a straight cut setup, and replaced all the small stuff here and there...belts, water pump etc. Runs pretty good now. It had a Supra f/p that was ditched for a Wally 400lph unit. I installed the 17" wheels on there too since the stock wheels are verrrry ugly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The kid I bought the turbo from told me it was a 3076r but this thing comes online right at 5k and pulls almost as hard as the GT35r in my Talon did, so I don't know what to make of it....lol. I wish I had measured the compressor wheel when it was off. Anyway, I'm in the process of transforming it into a T3 setup, 6266 or 6466 probably by next spring. I recently installed Bulfab 3pc crossmember on there and I'm evaluating what to do with what I think is a terrible cooling/radiator setup. It is a street car and I don't want it overheating....which it does when it's warm outside. I was also planning on ditching the cams but they pull great so for now...they will stay.

Last edited:

diambo4life

....and Thanks guys. The Rotas I scored on Ebay for $290 shipped. They came with those half used 225/45/17 Azenis rubber from a guy who owned a Sentra. Best deal ever. I like them since they are pretty light compared to most affordable 17" wheels.

LIV4PSI

The AFCO Scirocco radiator is what most of us use for street cars. It tucks underneath the core support and frees up space for big boy turbos

diambo4life

That is what I have been seeing as the go-to setup. If it will give me piece of mind then that is what I will end up doing.

dustyduff

Nice to see you finally make your way to this board Mike.......For those that don't know, he's pretty active on DSMLink and is not new to 4G63s.

Welcome to the forum....saw you pics/posts on DSMLink.

GSX_TC

6266 will be a great turbo. And yeah that AFCO will def fix the cooling problems. I ran a half sized civic radiator and it didn't cut it in this Houston heat in traffic, then when I made the switch to he AFCO it solved all my problems, I can sit in the hottest traffic and never get too hot.

diambo4life

Quoting dustyduff:
Nice to see you finally make your way to this board Mike.......For those that don't know, he's pretty active on DSMLink and is not new to 4G63s.

Welcome to the forum....saw you pics/posts on DSMLink.

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm definitely penciling in that afco rad for the budget. Have to wait and see how the header will sit in there first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turbofonz

Mike, FP has HTA3586's for $1525 on black friday..... do it. I think I'm going to.

diambo4life

How easy or hard is it to squeeze in 255's into the GVR4 fuel tank? I'm looking to see whether I can squeeze two 400lph pumps in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

diambo4life

I have been doing some renovations under the bay of #476 and I should be firing it in a day or two. Current engine bay photo.

That is a 6466 sitting under there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be beefing up the fuel system and will be tossing in some lighter valvetrain in the near future.

I also got rid of the rear window tint a month or two ago and this is what it looks like now.

Last edited:

snailspool

Looks good! What manifold is that, btw?

strokin4dr

Looks like my Punishment Racing manifold.

diambo4life

Quoting snailspool:
Looks good! What manifold is that, btw?

Thanks...and Ryan is correct. It's the Punishment Racing manifold...T3. Did a couple 2nd gear pulls and the wastegate opens right at 6,000rpm (in 2nd gear) for 25psi on my wastegate springs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Awesome! Stoked you're making progress with this car.

diambo4life

Thanks James. Did some more tuning today and he is out of fuel at 30psi with my current fuel setup. So next step is getting some dual pumps. It looks like the double AEM pumps may be what I end up going with. They flow more than even the Aeromotive Stealth pumps at my desired fuel line pressure. Cheaper and use less amps as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts