The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#461... Soon to be a real car again (again)

slugsgomoo

a few recent photars of the hooptie recentlyish.

metal hood & 92 grille (I did get an eterna grille but haven't painted it yet)

out rocking stock wheels & stock 4x4 spec suspension

took it over to a buddy's place to finalize some stuff and get mojo working, turned out my aem was dead, so it's now on link V3

JDM RS in carbon fiber? sure why not. Cutting it up for the aerocatches was scary. Also that dust is bad for you.

hanging out with ryan362's car, I had to do a timing tensioner and it's back to it's normal goodness.

p.s. even at wastegate pressure ~16psi the car moves pretty well from 5k-9500. ECMlink was reporting 37lb/min ~6500 if I remember right, so it seems like once I get to actually do some tuning and turn it up it should be interesting.

Last edited:

turbohf

looks good. I joined the broken AEM club also. waiting to buy v3 or fix it.

you have any plans for track or dyno?

362Ryan

Need to get a set of coilovers on the car before you hit any freeways. There are a few overpasses that only have 13' of clearance.

slugsgomoo

Ryan, har de har har. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad3.gif seriously though the coilover bits will be here soon.

Dustin: do you have v1? I am going to send mine off, but apparently if they don't have the parts to fix it you're out of luck. I've heard multiple people are very unhappy with AEM v2 boxes so if mine is non-repairable I will definitely not be upgrading that. So far it seems to run well on v3 though, no complaints there. I've got it locked into open loop because I need to make a couple quick changes on my wideband wiring, but it seems happy enough. I would like to get it dynoed and take it to the track once I get some minor issues resolved and get a decent tune on it. I still have a gvr4 first gear and not the greatest synchros in second, so for the time being I am going to baby it out into second and then hammer it if I do make it to the track- Until I'm ready to re-do the gearbox no reason to grenade it unnecessarily.

turbohf

yup. its a v1. I had someone back east that said he could look at it but haven't heard from him since. I have a guy at my work that is good with electronics looking at it, but is saying he sees nothing wrong with it.
don't really want v2. sure don't want to pay for it. Bryan keeps trying to talk me into v3 it seems, but I'm not all that sold on it.... so MAFT ftw? lol. i have just been fixing other issues i have with the car.

you running a MAF? or SD on ecmlink?

I have the same plan if I ever take mine to the track. hell I still have a 3bolt in the back of mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

slugsgomoo

maft sucks for drivability and power IMO. I'm on speed density, but not with the ecmlink kit (i would consider that if i had stock wiring). I'm using an AEM 3.5bar & GM IAT. I have a spare set of 3 bolt non-LSD axles if you want 'em. haha

My aem was backfeeding voltage through sensors, so unless aem can fix it i'll never plug it into a car again. It fried my AEM 5 bar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbohf

maft does suck. but it actually runs better than it did on dsmlink v2.

thanks I'll wait for a 4bolt LSD.

slugsgomoo

my car with v2.5 & 2g maf has good driveability, a buddy has maft with v3 (used to be 2.5) and it's not terrible, even though it obviously has limitations (like reporting the same IAT no matter what, not handling rain/weather shifts well, etc). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That said, V3 seems to be the hotness so far. I can't believe how well the car runs with some base settings locked in like this.

turbohf

I would be running v3 with gm maf, as that's what I have and my car is setup for.

slugsgomoo

Actually got the car out, I think it is looking pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

R55QsJc.jpg

my1D2gX.jpg

slugsgomoo

yeah they're 235/45-17. I have a set of 245/40-17 to put on the car, but I need to make sure everything is set to they're not going to rub the way the suspension is... $20 tires I bought from Scawt years ago? Don't care. $1k michelins? Do care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

362Ryan

Please don't hurt my future wheels and tires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

362Ryan

Well that seems a bit tilted in my favor. The stock brakes are all yours then.

GSTwithPSI

Dayum, Slugs. The car looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Now, lets see some pics of watcha got hiding under that pretty JDM hood? And, whose 1G is that hiding back there? Anyone we know?

Last edited:

turbowop

The 1g belongs to John Wood. Auto car that runs mid 9's. Cleaned up pretty well at that event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts