The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

46/1000 Appraisal Thread? Just Curious As To What It's Worth

Well, if the penthouse needs thousands in repairs because the previous owner neglected to do it then its worth 7 million dollars instead of eleventy million. Unless you find a person that has no clue what they are in store for to unload your problems on.

For any of us to be able to determine the value of a car over the internet based on three or four photos is difficult to say the least.

Chim55117

Quoting 3of1000:
No pictures of the engine bay and interior and you want us to give you a value? You car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Judging by the outside its safe to say that its probably in the range of 7-8K but if you pop the hood or I get under it and it leaks fluid from every hole and there are wires just hanging and a bunch of hacked stuff like most of these cars (including mine when I got it) you can expect to sit on it and maybe get 5k for it. More often than not you will end up parting it like so many on here have done before.

The nicest cars on this site don't sell. Clint's car is pretty nice, has been for sale for ages. Mark's car run's 9's or 10's and he can't give the car away for 7k even though it would cost double or over that to build from scratch.

If you want a appraisal you should call someone and have them come look at it in person or send them a bunch of photos. Thats what I did and even then one person may rate it worth xxxx amount and another xxxx amount. The guy that appraised my car didn't even know what a gvr4 was and the only reasons I had it appraised were so that I could get a stated dollar amount should something happen to it and so that I could skip emissions testing.

Good luck.

It was a innocent question on a forum full of VR-4 owners, you don't have to come off as sounding harsh for no reason at all.

I have all maintenance records, history of the car (3 owners in same state) and perform all regular maintenance myself. I also clean my engine bay on a day to day basis.

14733_345071220606_685700606_9855235_3725224_n.jpg

Ignore the flash, there is a aftermarket audio in there, I apologize for showing it without, but this is the only picture I had on hand of the interior.

25491_10150167940810607_685700606_11808597_5922114_n.jpg

Last edited:

turbowop

Didn't you buy this car pretty much the way it is now? What did you pay for it? There's your appraisal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I don't even care how much my car is worth. Too many years of my blood and tears spent on the POS, which is worth more than the car itself, IMO. That, and people are too f***ing cheap.

Last edited:

2of9

Quote:
I don't even care how much my car is worth. I don't even care how much my car is worth. Too many years of my blood and tears spent on the POS, which is worth more than the car itself, IMO. That, and people are too f***ing cheap.

truth. People are reallly cheap nowadays and it's hard to find someone to trully love a VR4 nowadays. I paid 5K for mine back when I bought it and now people are asking nearly half that with twice as much mods it had 3 years ago...GOOD mods btw.

sixsixtwo

Quoting turbowop:
Didn't you buy this car pretty much the way it is now? What did you pay for it? There's your appraisal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I don't even care how much my car is worth. Too many years of my blood and tears spent on the POS, which is worth more than the car itself, IMO. That, and people are too f***ing cheap.

He got the car with a brother discount from our older brother, so there's no accurate appraisal based on the price he paid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Sorry dude, I was not trying to come off harsh if thats how it sounded, just being honest.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts