The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

46/1000 Appraisal Thread? Just Curious As To What It's Worth

Chim55117

Hey guys, I don't know if we have any appraisal threads, so I thought I'd post here. I am not actually looking to sell 46/1000, I love the car too much to, but I'd guess I'd just like a relative feel on how much you guys think it would be worth? Here's the full list and some current pictures below. Thanks for the input in advance!

29895_10150184729660607_685700606_12256489_4875603_n.jpg

29895_10150184729645607_685700606_12256488_5553143_n.jpg

29895_10150184729615607_685700606_12256487_6329933_n.jpg

29895_10150184729590607_685700606_12256486_8069741_n.jpg

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4: 46/1000

Modifications -

Engine:
ARP Headstuds
Archer Racing Stage I Long Block
- Wiesco 8.3:1 Forged Pistons
- Eagle H-Beam Rods
- Mitsubishi MLS Head Gasket

Exhaust:
Ported 2G 02 Housing
Ported 2G Exhaust Manifold
3" Custom Turbo Back Exhaust to Magnaflow Muffler
Brian Crower 272 Camshafts
HKS Racegate to Open Dumptube
Forge Blow-Off Valve

Intake:
3" Short Ram Intake Pipe
K&N 4.5" Cone Filter
Ported MHI 20G Turbocharger
2G 609 MAF

Cooling:
PWR Civic Half-Radiator
On Green Performance 1.1 Bar Radiator Cap
Flex-A-Lite-Fan: Universal 10"
3" Thick Intercooler Core with Custom Bent Piping

Fuel:
PTE 880CC Injectors
MK IV Supra Fuel Pump

Ignition:
Coil On Plate (COP) with 300M Coils
NGK BPR7ES Spark Plugs

Electronics:
Socketed Eprom ECU with DSMLink V2.5
HKS Turbo Timer*
HKS Boost Gauge
MAPerformance Small Race Battery

Drivetrain:
SouthBend DXD Clutch Kit
Fidanza Lightened Flywheel
1G DSM Short Shifter
Brass CNC Shifter Cable Bushings
Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings
Aluminum Drive Shaft Carrier Bushings*
Jackson Racing Shift Boot
Razo Shift Knob

Suspension & Brakes:
Rebuilt Suspension with Energy Suspension Bushings
Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Rear)
Power Slot Rotors
Hawk EBC Green Pads
3000GT 4-Piston Calipers
Suspension Techniques Rear Sway Bar
KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
Welded 4 Bolt Limited Slip Differential
Whiteline Front Strut Bar
DSM 5 Lug Conversion

Interior:
Lancer Evolution VIII Front and Rear Seats
Grant GT Steering Wheel
Polk Audio Speakers
Infiniti Amplifier

Exterior:
Shaved Black Valve Cover
Enkei RPF1's 17x8.5's with Yokohama P235/45R17s
JDM RS Front Bumper
Carbon Fiber AMG Grille
'93 USDM Headlights with Phillips BlueVision Bulbs
Pre-Facelift EDM E39A Corner Markers
JDM RS Projector Foglights
Smoked '89 UDSM Style Rear Tail Lights

Miscellaneous:
Catalytic Converter Eliminated
Balance Shafts Eliminated
Cruise Control Eliminated

Dyno Numbers:
10/29/09 - 324.16 WHP, 318.68 TRQ, @ 18.39 PSI

4Grim

Considering the mods you got and how clean and well taken care of it looks from the pics...I say around $8k

Nartanian

It may be worth that much, but you'd be lucky to even make anything more than 5k for it.

4thStroke

Every time I see that car it makes me want to put RPF-1s on mine even more.

It'll take a desperate buyer to pay what the car is worth.

Brianawd's car is built more than that and was offered $8k for his with a rough body.

Last edited:

2of9

Quoting Nartanian:
It may be worth that much, but you'd be lucky to even make anything more than 5k for it.

x2. around here, I don't think anyone would buy it. I'm sure someone would buy it for 5k though.

4Grim

Well with the right buyer...you can get $8k for it, but at least $5k.

I was offered $8k for mine a few years ago and I don't have as much mods as yours do at that time.

mikus

agreed I think it'd move at $5200-6200, and sit for nibbles if higher. There's just not enough buyers at the high end -the price gets too close to newer performance cars.

Beautiful car though, wish we could tell you a higher figure.

Street Surgeon

6500ish now, and 8k all day with a built trans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Need pics of interior. If the interior is in as great of shape the exterior I would have no problem dropping 6-7k on it. That is, if I had so much money that I couldn't find something better to do with 6-7k.

DR1665

Mods are a piss poor investment. Your Galant is easily worth more than $5000 if you prove maintenance and promote a worry free, turnkey ownership experience. That's with a stock powertrain in it.

Nobody is going to reimburse you for your mods and those who would, have more money than brains. You can expect the guy who drops $8k on a fully built Galant to have borrowed the money from mommy and daddy and not know a thing about cars, ie: You can expect to read about your car with a blown engine or in a ditch within a year.

Last edited:

mikus

^ to play devil's advocate there ARE sometimes buyers in this price range with their own money, and maybe we do have more money than brains - but I'd rather see it as "I like to wrench but have no time for a complete build up"

Again, you just can't expect to sell it at full price in one month. Eg, #328 or that 50-trim one that just sold for $2500 in MO which are both heavy discount from list. I'd buy this for a chunk of cash, just not on the market this year.

No pictures of the engine bay and interior and you want us to give you a value? You car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Judging by the outside its safe to say that its probably in the range of 7-8K but if you pop the hood or I get under it and it leaks fluid from every hole and there are wires just hanging and a bunch of hacked stuff like most of these cars (including mine when I got it) you can expect to sit on it and maybe get 5k for it. More often than not you will end up parting it like so many on here have done before.

The nicest cars on this site don't sell. Clint's car is pretty nice, has been for sale for ages. Mark's car run's 9's or 10's and he can't give the car away for 7k even though it would cost double or over that to build from scratch.

If you want a appraisal you should call someone and have them come look at it in person or send them a bunch of photos. Thats what I did and even then one person may rate it worth xxxx amount and another xxxx amount. The guy that appraised my car didn't even know what a gvr4 was and the only reasons I had it appraised were so that I could get a stated dollar amount should something happen to it and so that I could skip emissions testing.

Good luck.

Hertz

Staff member
The penthouse in the Trump Tower in Chicago is still for sale. Does that mean it's not worth eleventy million dollars? No, it just means that the right buyer is not currently in the market. Don't confuse "on the market forever" with overpriced. That's exactly how we end up with hacked up monsters in the community -- dropping the price so low that any idiot can afford them without hitting up "mommy and daddy"

Anyhow, I was thinking $8k-ish if that transmission was built and everything was solid/mint.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts