The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4-Pin Tps Adjustment

Specter

I have read about the 3 pin TPS adjustment you guys have in the states, but does any one know about the 4 pin tps? I do not know what values should i see but here they are.

Idle :
Pin 1 0.09v (black wire)
Pin 2 5.04v (Yellow wire with Red Stripe)
Pin 3 4.71v (Green wire with Red Stripe)
Pin 4 0.81v (Green wire with White Stripe)

Full throttle:
Pin 1 0.09v (black wire)
Pin 2 5.04v (Yellow wire with Red Stripe)
Pin 3 4.50v-4.69v (Green wire with Red Stripe)
Pin 4 5.04v (Green wire with White Stripe)

According to the ecu pin out chart, pin 4 wire (green with white stripe) goes to the ecu. So i am assuming that pin 4 is okay at full throttle while the 0.81v value at idle is what i am not so sure about. Kindly guide if the values are okay or do i need any adjustment.

Engine is a 7 bolt silver top 4g63t, was bought from Malaysia probably from an RVR.

Thanks

RedTwo

It's been a while but I think the fourth wire is the throttle closed sensor. On the VR4 throttle body this is a separate black wire (iirc) and long, narrow, black plug on the top of the throttle body, near the spring (iirc). The evo/7 bolt has all four wires/pins in the same place and plug. I ran my car for a while without it plugged in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I think it should generate a grounds when the throttle is closed.

Specter

The black wire is generating a ground but it is constant regardless of the throttle position. My car runs fine, its just very rich that is it, so i am looking at all the basic stuff

CutlassJim

I don't know why your car has a 4 wire TPS plug. The bottom wire that goes from 0 to 5 volts is the TPS signal to the ECU. It's the second to last one that should be the throttle closed on later cars and it should be closed "grounded" when at idle and open and anything else. If you have bad idle surge look at this wire.

Specter

No i do not have bad idle surge, i wanted to know how this tps works and if there is any problem in the voltage values above, that is about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned