The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

393/1000 "build/progress" thread

Harambe

After three long weeks I finally have the time to actually mess around with the galant after buying it. So I figured I would post up just to keep record of what's been done with the car. I purchased the car from a friend of a friend on an impulse. It had been sitting in a barn for a year and half after he bought link and then lost interest in it. It's in pretty good shape overall but could definitely use some tlc.

Harambe

today i got link installed and burned out all the old gas. it runs surprisingly well for sitting that long. didnt break up at all and pulled smoothly through all the gears with .4 degrees of knock. it definitely needs a new valve cover because after a three mile drive it developed a swimming pool of oil in the well the plug wires sit in and its running pretty rich at around 10:1 a/f cruising. also, my apologies if some of my terminologies are off. it's been a few years since I've messed around with cars so I'm definitely in the relearning phase. but at this point I'm just happy it started and drove.

Harambe

Couple of pictures from last night. (I eventually realized link was backwards haha)

thomcasey

I would definitely get on that rich AFR at cruise. You don't want to wash out the cylinders with all that extra fuel, but it will get into your oil. Should only take about 15 minutes of cruise time to do a MAFCompAdjust and have it get you to the 14.7:1 area you want.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Hope the power wasn't cycled on. with the chip in backwards. We have a member here that fried a chip that way.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts